Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eid!
26-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Re: Eid!
(25-11-2009 11:39 PM)Boberto! link Wrote:It's the friday before American Thanksgiving. Big Sales..

Actually ... it's the day AFTER Thanksgiving ;p  because Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday.

They call it Black Friday because of the color of Ink they used to use back in the day to mark the increase in sales.  It's the first official "Christmas" season sort of thing.  Stores have HUGE one day sales, some only lasting a few hours before they switch to new sales.  I remember working at Toys R Us, we used to have sales that went from 4 AM until 10 AM, then from 10 AM to noon, than from noon to 4 PM ... atc, atc.  And people would come in at 5 PM and want the sale price for whatever was on sale at 4 AM and we'd have to tell them no ... They.  Got.  P!SSED at us.

But, it's not our fault they don't wanna drag their butts out of bed at 4 AM to Shop xD  We dragged our butts out of bed at 4 AM To work, after all!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2009, 04:38 AM
after thanksgiving, its all about christmas shopping  Tongue
i wish to make an Official Winter Thread Tongue, Jeni, you should make one!  {yes}
26-11-2009, 04:40 AM
XD
LOL. Yess please.
I can't go the sales Sad
Mom won't let me D:
or wake up for it. D< XD

26-11-2009, 04:49 AM
(26-11-2009 04:12 AM)Majiçk ♥ link Wrote:[quote author=Boberto! link=topic=7646.msg288600#msg288600 date=1259188742]
It's the friday before American Thanksgiving. Big Sales..

Actually ... it's the day AFTER Thanksgiving ;p  because Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday.

[/quote]

LOL sorry! Thanksgiving is always on a monday for us.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
26-11-2009, 04:51 AM
oh, but how do they celebrate it in Canada, I thought that it was only the U.S.  ???
26-11-2009, 04:53 AM
LOL IDK turkey... lmao...

[center]
26-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day (Canadian French: Jour de l'Action de grâce), occurring on the second Monday in October, is an annual Canadian holiday to give thanks at the close of the harvest season. Although the original act of Parliament references God and the holiday is celebrated in churches, the holiday is also celebrated in a secular manner.

On January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:

“ A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed … to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October."
26-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Oh see now I didn't even know that. I always assumed it was for he same reasons as the US. When the Indians and the cowboys Pioneers sat down peacfully together...

[center]
26-11-2009, 05:03 AM
its not the pioneers Bobert lol Tongue
its the English settlers who came to Plymouth...
they were escaping persecution from England and fled to Holland, but then they felt the need to go for a new land far away from England and Europe so they came to America. The ship they came in from was the Mayflower in 16 something lol, I don`t remember
then they met with the natives, and of course, there was conflict but then got along...
well, so the story goes but then as more English settlers came, they started taking over the Native`s lands and there was conflict
now I don`t write a whole essay about Thanksgiving and European settlement in America now do we  Wink
26-11-2009, 05:06 AM
(26-11-2009 05:03 AM)@Steven! link Wrote:its not the pioneers Bobert lol Tongue
its the English settlers who came to Plymouth...
they were escaping persecution from England and fled to Holland, but then the felt the need to go for a new land far away from England and Europe so they came to America. The ship they came in from was the Mayflower in 16 something lol, I don`t remember
then they met with the natives, and of course, they was conflict but then got along...
well, so the story goes but then as more English settlers came, they started taking over the Native`s lands and there was conflict
now I don`t write a whole essay about Thanksgiving and European settlement in America now do we  Wink

Blah blah blah blah blah. LMAO

The settlers fine. LMAO. WE DON'T LEARN AMERICAN HISTORY IN GRADE 9. xD  Just like you guys probably aren't taught about Canadian history. If you can tell me who Louis Riel is I'll give you karma. And NO GOOGLE! LMAO sorry this is so off topic Tongue

[center]