I got Thursday and Friday off
plus the weekend, no school for 4 days!
yes!

and now is the time to give thanks for what we have
other people are dying of hunger, starvin, with no home or family
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
(26-11-2009 08:11 PM)miss.weasley link Wrote:[quote author=Sie link=topic=7650.msg288745#msg288745 date=1259257253]
Never got the point of Thanksgiving. Seems a bit of a con to me.
None the less, hope you guys are having a great one! :]
It's just a feast in which you thank God for what you have in your life.
[/quote]

Well that seems reasonable. Smile But this reason;

(26-11-2009 08:51 PM)@Steven! link Wrote:not only a feast to thank God
its to celebrate the day when the English settlers feasted together with the Native Americans.....
that is one of the reasons why we celebrate it...

... is what gets on my nerves. XD 
I had no opinion on it until my mum kept going on about it, and Brad explained it more in-depth for me, but seriously. xD I get that Americans are grateful for them sharing their land or whatever, but years later Americans killed them all and took their land, completely eradicating the whole point of Thanksgiving. :3

Ah well, I don't know, the past is the past, point is, have a good Thanksgiving from mee, lol. :]

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
27-11-2009, 12:07 AM
I agree, but oh well. XD

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
27-11-2009, 12:10 AM
(27-11-2009 12:07 AM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:I agree, but oh well. XD

At least you're honest, lmao. XD

Even if the reasoning behind it is a little... wrong... at least it's a time for family and friends gathering, and that's really nice and special. :3
Or are you just in it for the food? xD  Hehee.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
27-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Happy Thanksgiving for those who actually celebrate it!

(26-11-2009 11:39 PM)Sie link Wrote:[quote author=@Steven! link=topic=7650.msg288751#msg288751 date=1259265105]
not only a feast to thank God
its to celebrate the day when the English settlers feasted together with the Native Americans.....
that is one of the reasons why we celebrate it...

... is what gets on my nerves. XD 
I had no opinion on it until my mum kept going on about it, and Brad explained it more in-depth for me, but seriously. xD I get that Americans are grateful for them sharing their land or whatever, but years later Americans killed them all and took their land, completely eradicating the whole point of Thanksgiving. :3

Ah well, I don't know, the past is the past, point is, have a good Thanksgiving from mee, lol. :]
[/quote]

I agree xD Its stupid that we celebrate the one and only time that the colonists actually got along with the Native Americans xD

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
27-11-2009, 02:05 AM
In Canada if you have even a drop of First Nations blood in you you qualify for big money. Just for going to school.  My sister's bf has some and he gets payed a couple hundred dollars a month.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
27-11-2009, 03:11 AM
yes, if you`re Native American, you don`t pay taxes and get grants I think for uni
same for other indigenous ppl in other countries like the Aboriginals I think in Australia or maybe the Maori, IDK
and yes, I know, I tell my mom why we celebrate thanksgiving if we later on killed the natives  Tongue
the Native Americans don`t celebrate Columbus Day or Thanksgiving I bet...