Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3 Average
What are you thinking right now?
06-08-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: What are you thinking right now?
Give yourself another 5-10 years. As for the mountains out of molehills, that means I worry too much. I'm thinking I need to stop doing that.
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 02:34 PM
So I learned another proverb today. In Germany, we make elephants out of mosquitos, but since mosquitos aren't tiny elephants, mountains and molehills definitely make more sense.

Now I'm thinking that the summer would be a lot more enjoyable if there were tiny elephants instead of mosquitos Tongue
06-08-2015, 05:28 PM
I was bitten by a mosquito last night and can confirm that it was dissimilar from an elephant. I wonder how Germany came up with that saying? Based on relative size only?

I did indeed make the potato salad myself, although I did not make the mayonnaise. Hopefully Minty will forgive this domestic failing! I do like eggs in mine, but have to keep them separate and mix them in upon serving, because some people don't want eggs in theirs. I also like to add chives. Sometimes I grow the chives myself - do I get extra points for this?

I am thinking that my plan to go to the pub until all fellow commuters have got out of the city during this Tube strike is a good one.
06-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I have no idea why we say that. Some of these sayings just don't make sense. Like the english "head over heels". Isn't it supposed to be that way? Head up and heels down? Dunno
Or do you wear your shoes differently in GB? Biggrin
06-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Head over heels refers to doing a somersault, usually with regard to someone you love.

To make an elephant out of a mosquito? Isn't that a punning reference to Johann Wilhelm Meigen, the German entomologist who was the first to properly classify all the different types of mosquito around & show not all of them were dangerous bloodsuckers - one of those being the Elephant Mosquito, which lives off pollen, rotten fruit & the larvae of other mosquitos. His work was controversial in his day, mainly because he'd rendered every other textbook on the subject redundent overnight from the sheer detail of it, & that's where the joke came from as he'd literally made an elephant out of a mosquito in terms of the knowledge jump & the name he'd given one.

If this was Call My Bluff, no doubt everyone would be saying Bluff by now!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
09-08-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking that Minty should make one of those "fact of the day" diaries so that he'd be able to share all the mad knowledge that may otherwise remain trapped inside his head! I'd buy it.

Tongue
09-08-2015, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking that I take too many pictures of my TS3 sims.
10-08-2015, 06:27 AM
Always remember to clear your screenshots folder out. It can eat up a ridiculous amount of hard drive space.

I'm thinking this weekend went in too fast PissedOff

Wacko Clapping Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
28-08-2015, 07:31 PM
I'm thinking that this thread has been quiet for too long and that somebody should post something. So here goes. I'm also thinking 'The static speaks my name' is not a game I should play... even if it is free and only lasts approx ten minutes. Nah
01-09-2015, 12:16 PM
I think it would be appropriate for you to play a game involving raking, seeing as your sims recommend it as an activity. A virtual zen garden perhaps.

I'm thinking that I caught the sun a bit too much yesterday. I am a bit pink and white striped. Like a stick of rock or something. Ridiculous!