Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cassie Helping Mike With His Graphics
28-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Re: Cassie Helping Mike With His Graphics
LMAO, Don't feel bad! It's not your fault!

When I loaded it up...It had reset the graphics back to the way it came...Which was all Medium & laggy. So I put them all back down to low, and it lagged a lot more, and if I'm honest, it looked a lot worse. Anyways, I've done a System Restore now. Tongue

I know...But I just don't want to go and do that because I want to buy new clothes off my Christmas money. Looks like I'll just have to wait a few months until I get a job, and get some money from that. The Sims 2 seems to work okay, I might just install all of them until then. I'm going to go and see what my mum says about it...She has a warranty on it, whatever that means? Does that mean I can smash the computer up, and take it back and say...Yeah it totally blew up, new computer please? LMAO.

Coming Soon...
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2009, 10:50 PM
You should definitely try taking TS2 off until you can afford a new card. I actually think freeing up more space would make it less laggy, thus you can have higher settings. But as my previous advice fell flat, maybe you should take what I say lightly. XD

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
28-12-2009, 10:56 PM
LOL. I don't have The Sims 2 on here at the moment. What happened was; I installed TS3 and WA, then the graphics turned out to be crap, so I uninstalled both of them, and then installed TS2 and OFB...and they worked okay...until I got bored and felt guilty for uninstalling WA when I just got it, so I uninstalled TS2 and OFB then re-installed TS3 and WA. Maybe not good for the system...but yeah.

I went down and asked my mum, apparently the guy in PC World said it would play the game fine, Yeah okay then...{rolleyes}

She said 'I'll think about it'...But now I feel bad...because it just feels like I've went GIVE ME A NEW GRAPHICS CARD NAOOO! Although I didn't, I just said that the graphics card is the only thing letting the computer down. But I just don't want to take more money off my parents, because like a decent graphics card is probably above the £60 band [?]...but I've been waiting half a year to play TS3...and to be so disappointed with the graphics...Ack!

Even my mum said though 'The computer has Windows 7, yet they put an old graphics card in it? That's kind of stupid". Yeah, I'm soooo writing to whoever made this PC and say...AYE, PUT MORE UP TO DATE GRAPHICS CARDS IN MY COMPUTER NEXT TIME!

Coming Soon...
28-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Do you now how to insert them too? Or you'll have to pay for someone to insert it, too. I had a similar conversation about updating my card before TS3 with my mum, see. It failed. xD

Don't feel bad. She wants you to enjoy your presents, surely? Tongue
It's a shame you don't get EMA or something, that'd help with the funding, haha. :\
Oh well. Sorry it didn't work. Sad
I can't think of any suggestions now. I am scratching my head, trying, but it's just not happening.

Oh well, BFQOTY in 15 mins, that'll cheer you up a bit. XD

28-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah it will XD Thanks for all your help though Smile Karma times three [When I can - Mods have restrictions too, LMAO]

Coming Soon...
28-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh wow, cheers Mike! ;O
This is good for my mission to get to 300 karma. XD

And it's onnn! Eeeep! *gets popcorn and lemomade*