Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Purple screen after getting new RAM!
25-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Purple screen after getting new RAM!
Hey guys,
I have a huge problem: I just got a 2 GB RAM for my computer, because my Sims 3 was really laggy with 512 MB. I inserted the new RAM and now everytime I'm playing Sims 3, the screen gets first black, then purple with stripes, and if you push some keys it gets blue or white.
Is this because of the new RAM and my Sims doesn't accept it or is it because my Sims is stupid?
I reinstalled Sims 3 to see if it builds up on the RAM on the computer, but it still doesn't work. I have the latest driver, the right RAM.
My computer is an Acer Aspire 1690, XP. I ran the "Can You Run It" and that's what it said:

CPU
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.73GHz
PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: 1.73 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista/7) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]
You Have: 2.0 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) or Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600)
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)
You Have: MOBILITY RADEON X700 (0x5653)
PASS
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 128.0 MB
3D Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 2.0

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games.
You Have: 10.8 GB

Please help meĀ  Sad
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Re: Purple screen after getting new RAM!
Is the RAM compatible with your computer?

Check to see if all of your drivers are up to date as well.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
25-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Re: Purple screen after getting new RAM!
Yes, and I also compared it to the one I already had.