Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OFB Question
20-02-2010, 10:16 PM
OFB Question
Okay, so ... I got my Sims2 back (YAAAY!) and I have a Sim who runs her own Business (A Bakery :3) and she's hired some employees ... but ... their skills are pathetic.  Is there a way to make the Employees have better skills without cheating?

I've never run my own business before so I am curious ^_^;  Also, how do you keep random Sims out of the kitchen?!  xD

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Re: OFB Question
(20-02-2010 10:16 PM)Majiçk ♥ link Wrote:Okay, so ... I got my Sims2 back (YAAAY!) and I have a Sim who runs her own Business (A Bakery :3) and she's hired some employees ... but ... their skills are pathetic.  Is there a way to make the Employees have better skills without cheating?
Not really... There are objects where you  can "tutor" other sims to skill up, as long as you are higher than them in the skill.
OR you can kind of "reward them" maybe, like everyday they gain a skill point in cooking if their level is between 1-5, then for every new skill level it takes an extra day..
You get me? Lmao

(20-02-2010 10:16 PM)Majiçk ♥ link Wrote:I've never run my own business before so I am curious ^_^;  Also, how do you keep random Sims out of the kitchen?!  xD
xD
Place a door (if theirs a wall leading to the bakery) and click on the door while in live mod, then it should say "Lock..." and put "Family and employees only"
Wink

Other than that "Moveobjects on" Smile
Now I'm going to play the sims 2... Haha

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
21-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Well, I sold my business and bought another.  The first day all the baked goods sold!!!!

So I had to have my sim Bake more and replace the items that sold.  But ... now no one is buying anything :\   They just walk around and talk to each other, or my Sim and don't buy the baked goods.  Also, when I click on them there is no option of "Sales..." like before, so I can't try to Dazzle them (yeah, my sims has a Gold badge in Sales!) ... what happened?  :\  Blargh, it's so much fun when the game is actually working right, ROFL.

ETA: I don't like using the ticket machine thing to charge my customers, I want to actually sell them stuff.

21-02-2010, 02:47 AM
(21-02-2010 02:15 AM)Majiçk ♥ link Wrote:Well, I sold my business and bought another.  The first day all the baked goods sold!!!!

So I had to have my sim Bake more and replace the items that sold.  But ... now no one is buying anything :\  They just walk around and talk to each other, or my Sim and don't buy the baked goods.  Also, when I click on them there is no option of "Sales..." like before, so I can't try to Dazzle them (yeah, my sims has a Gold badge in Sales!) ... what happened?  :\  Blargh, it's so much fun when the game is actually working right, ROFL.

ETA: I don't like using the ticket machine thing to charge my customers, I want to actually sell them stuff.

Did you make sure that all the sales items are labeled as "sellable"
I believe you have to go into buy mode and theirs a little button that looks like a tag.

Edit: Here goes the link to the site where you can find the "Vocational education"
http://simwardrobe.com/

Just go to the sims 2-Objects-business faciliators
and look for the vocational thingy Big Grin

21-02-2010, 02:49 AM
... No.  I didn't even know there was that ... Lemme try that xD

21-02-2010, 02:57 AM
(21-02-2010 02:49 AM)Majiçk ♥ link Wrote:... No.  I didn't even know there was that ... Lemme try that xD
xD
Well I added zeh link to my last posts Big Grin

21-02-2010, 03:13 AM
OOOO!!! I was wondering what that Tag thing did ... and now my Sim's business is booming Big Grin

She got a Good Review AND the Best of the Best aware within an hour xD  *dance*  OMG Karma for you!

21-02-2010, 03:24 AM
xD
Well err, happy businessing?  Tongue
Tankss

21-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Lol Well, running a business is one of the many things I haven't done in TS2 yet, so I really wanted to give it a try  :3

25-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Build a toy factory too if you have Pets! First they can only make pet bricks and stuff, but when they have better skills they can make the Water Wiggler! Sims like to play in the water, but it also keeps dogs clean you you don't have to bath them. Big Grin

Pet bricks are boring but cute.  {blush}