Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Preventing Slacker career - really need help plz
19-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Preventing Slacker career - really need help plz
Just started playing sims again for the first time in years its the complete collection, all the add-ons, got my sim to top of journalism career path, want to earn plenty of cash and then boom he turns slacker. Can i stop this? is there a cheat or can i remove the trait from his make-up? not sure what the benefits are when most he can ever make now is $600.

Any ideas? thanks.
Goulby
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Re: Preventing Slacker career - really need help plz
What do you mean?

Are you saying his career automatically BECOMES the Slacker Career once he reaches the top, or just that his next Life Time Want (LTW) is to take the Slacker Career?  Once your Sim finishes one LTW, they roll a new one, it's not mandatory for you to change their careers.

If it's happening on it's own (Going from Journalism to Slacker) it sounds like a glitch in the game.  Either way, you may need to move your sim out of their current house and back in again.  That usually fixes most glitches from my experiences.  If it doesn't, try a new lot entirely, it might be the lot itself is glitched.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
19-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the response, im pretty new to all the add ons tbh, played original years and years ago. So not entirely sure what you mean my next life time want. The situation was, he was at the top of the career path, was doing fine had been there for a while, came home one day and message flashes up like its a promotion, and hes now a free lance photographer which is a couple of the top of the slacker career i think. Didnt give me any choice etc.

Thanks
20-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Life Time Wants - In TS2 your Sims have a LTW, usually it's career related, when this is reached, their Wants Bar becomes Platinum (Glowy White) perminantly.  Once you fulfill a LTW, it will change to something else; however you are not required to fufill a second one, heck you don't even HAVE to fill the first one, it's just there to keep them "perma plat"

So, with that explained (hopefully it makes sense!) lets move on :3

I see what you're saying now, and that's weird.  Usually it will give you the choice of yes or not to change careers when there are pop-ups like that.  Sounds like it was a glitch in your game.  But, that's okay.  Pick up the phone and have your sim "Quit" their job.  You should be able to just go on their computer or click the news paper and get them back into the Journalism career.

If that doesn't work, try moving them out of the house and back in.  This should reset any bugs and you should be able to get them back into the Journalism career.

20-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Ah i see thanks. This is just the original sims so looks like it was a glitch. thanks for the help sure it wont be to hard to get him back on track Smile

Goulby
20-05-2010, 05:42 PM
OH!  I thought you had The Sims 2 ... D'oh, lol my mistake!

It's been so long since I played the original Sims, I don't recall the glitches and how I fixed 'em when I did get 'em.