Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will my desktop play
01-06-2010, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2010 12:32 PM by Dustin_Broke.)
Will my desktop play
Someone said that you can play The Sims 2 on a PC that was a 800mHz and had a Intel graphics chip but I was wondering if it will really work. My desktop has a Intel Direct AGP graphics chip so it uses a AGP2X bus. The speed I have is a 1 gHz Celeron processor and it has 512mb PC100 SDRAM. I know that my laptop that has also a Intel video chip plays The Sims 2 but I didn't know if this desktop can play this game. Both are using AGP bus so that is good.

I got the desktop right when Windows XP came out so it was around November 2001 and it did cost around $450. The laptop did cost alot more and I did get that system around June 2002.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Re: Will my desktop play
That should run TS2 fine.  I got my Computer back in 2001 as well and my Sims2 played on it fine :3

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
01-06-2010, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2010 11:07 PM by Dustin_Broke.)
I just found out that I have a Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller. I did just downloaded the latest drivers from Intels website. Should I have no problems now? I know that this video chip is using a AGP2X bus speed so that is a good thing.

Update: My video chip has 32mb of video ram so that should be enough to play I assume.
03-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Ok I did for the first time installed The Sims 2 game and I did install the latest patch for it. But I have a problem I got an error message saying this. I do have directX 9.0c installed already and all of the Windows updates and driver updated.

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I did some reasearch and my Intel video chip and this is what it says.

"The Intel® 82810 and 82815 graphics controllers are compatible with versions of Microsoft* DirectX* up to 9.0 with version 6.7 of the graphics drivers. Not all of the new features of DirectX 9.0 are supported, however. They are also compatible with previous version of DirectX (8.x, 7.x, 6.x and 5.x)."
05-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I actualy got the game to work. I tried playing the game in window mode instead of full screen and it works. I had to change the target to this. I basicly added "-w"

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe" "-w"