Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inactive Site
07-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Inactive Site
this place is uber Inactive.. I never see anyone on. something needs to be done I think...

Im Abby. nice to meet you..

GO PLUMBA MAN!!!!! Maw-Rio!!! Maw-Rio!!!
Full Fledge Lez Heart
your friend
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2011, 06:07 AM
RE: Inactive Site
Don't worry. It's slowly coming back to life. Smile

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
08-03-2011, 09:36 AM
LOL if you think this is inactive... the site kind of died a long time ago. This is the site attempting life again. xD

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm happy to make any changes required to try and revive this site again, just let me know if you have any ingenius plans! Undecided

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
11-03-2011, 10:59 PM
(08-03-2011 10:04 AM)matt Wrote:  I'm happy to make any changes required to try and revive this site again, just let me know if you have any ingenius plans! Undecided

I've a few suggestions.

1. The old Sims Forum logo and colour scheme of blue and green. Can we have it back please? The current logo looks too generic and dull, the old one with the distinctive letters cut a bit of dash - like us! Big Grin

2. Smileys. Smile Better smileys. Dodgy The current ones are naff.

3. The arcade. Can't we have some sort of arcade games back? I'm sure I can't be the only one that misses trying to topple Ahmed's high scores! Tongue

4. Preventative action on spambots. Usually they've registered on the site long before they ever become active, and there's usually clues in their profiles making them easy to spot before they get a chance to make a nuisance of themselves.

For instance, with the four registered new members today, TorTory burch flatsy and Geneval contain details on their profiles making it clear they are spambots, so they ought to be deleted forthwith and the IPs responsible for registering them blocked.

As there's no way we can report profiles, how about a "Swat That Spambot!" stickied thread somewhere we can post them as we spot them so you can bin them accordingly?

[Image: 135762.jpg]
12-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately it's just time restraints on my part which is stopping me putting more work into the forums, and that's totally my fault and I apologise for that. Work and family just doesn't leave me with enough time these days (probably because I can't work on the site at work these days!).

I'll do what I can with regards to your ideas. Have a browse on over at the myBB mods (http://mods.mybb.com/mods) as that is the software the site uses. If you want anything from there installed just give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...