Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building Rabbit Holes
20-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Heart Building Rabbit Holes
Hi everyone, it's my first post so nice to meet you all!

Sorry, I'm a bit of a rookie with The Sims 3 but would like to learn more and think this is a pretty good place to start!

I am trying to figure out how to make a rabbit hole for a school (currently). I assume that I make a "No visitors allowed" plot in Create a World tool and then in game under edit town I can put a shell of a school in this plot. Is that all I do to make a school...as in a place where the kids can go to learn? If I do that I just get a community symbol appear on the plot, not like a school symbol.

I am guessing this is very simple for 99% of you so if any of you could steer me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful. I have all of the expansion packs if that makes any difference.

Many thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2011, 01:43 AM
RE: Building Rabbit Holes
There should be an option in Create A World to change the plot into a school one. If you keep any plots as No Visitors Allowed, no Sims will be able to go into them.

You can also download the Jynx portable rabbit holes if you want to use a building other than the ones that come with the game as your school.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
21-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Hi there and thank you for your response.

Many thanks for your idea but I'd like to try and get the non-custom things working first before I try downloadable content. Smile

Using "No visitors allowed" was just based on advice on how to make a school that I found on other websites. I assumed this may be true seen as sims don't really need to go onto the plot to get an education...just come adjacent to it or something?

I would have assumed there would have been a commercial plot type named "School" as well. Unfortunately there isn't though. I'll list them below...

Community, Market, Academy, Nectary, Chinese Garden, Small Park, Big Park, Graveyard, Pool, Library, Gym, Art Gallery, Fishing Spot, Beach, Day Spa, Restaurant, Small Shop, Big Shop, Hospital, Theature, Stadium, City Hall, Visitors Allowed, No Visitors Allowed, Base Camp, Small Market, Landmark Tomb, Hidden Tomb, kEP2_ConsignmentStore, kEP2_Laundromat, kEP2_Salon, kEP2_FireStation, kEP2_Junkyard, kEP2_JunkyardNoVisitors, kHangout, kEP2_DiveBarSports, kEP2_DiveBarIrish, kEP2_DiveBarCriminal, kEP2_CoctailLoungeAsian, kEP2_CoctailLoungeVampire, kEP2_CoctailLoungeCelebrity, kEP2_DanceClubRave, kEP2_DanceClubPool, kEP2_DanceClubLiveMusic

That's the lot of them. There appears to be the same list on the Edit Town function when setting a Community Lot Type.

Has anyone made a school themselves before on here?
Thanks!
21-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Just checked and there seems to be a difference of opinion to this one.

Some say you use "Visitors Allowed" but others say change it to "Community".

All agree however that if you use one of the schools that comes with the game, the computer figures it out why it's there. This may have been because the school was initially only a rabbit hole, but by Ambitions this was expanded to a Career. It would have made sense to have left this particular rabbit hole out for a more "miscellaneous" when what functions were available would be dependent on what EPs you had.

Do you intend using one of the schools that came with the game, or making one of your own?

[Image: 135762.jpg]