Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does sleeping in the regular Sarcophagi in the Sims 3 do anything special?
22-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Does sleeping in the regular Sarcophagi in the Sims 3 do anything special?
I have reconstructed a "Plain Sarcophagus" and a "Sarcophagus", they both have the option to sleep in.

I was wondering do they do anything differently, and/or what are the stats of it.
Does it take less time to sleep in specifically, or any odd moodlets from sleeping in it?

And what are the stats?
10 Energy, 6 Environment, 1 Stress relief?
something like that?

PS> I already know about the blessed Sarcophagus and the king's Sarcophagus, and what they do, this post is not about them.
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2011, 08:35 AM
RE: Does sleeping in the regular Sarcophagi in the Sims 3 do anything special?
Did you use the original one, or one of the ones from sites such as Mod The Sims, as there's a chance the original traits will have been modified as well.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
23-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Original

(23-04-2011 08:35 AM)WaffenThinMint Wrote:  Did you use the original one, or one of the ones from sites such as Mod The Sims, as there's a chance the original traits will have been modified as well.
24-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Okay, first thing up is that the two Sarcophagi you mention are basically the same, except the second one looks nicer (depending on your taste).

Not sure of the stats on them, but don't think they're anything to write home about - the big advantage of them is that they can also be used as storage as well as a bed, which is handy if room on your lot is at a premium.

However, you have said you have rebuilt these, which is another matter entirely, as you will now have either a Blessed or a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings, both of which have special traits to them.

The first one causes energy recovery very quickly, and a mummy that sleeps in it a long time will become a normal sim again. It's main use of course is getting rid of the Mummy's Curse.

The second one is a bit of a gamble. Sims that sleep in it gradually improve their Athletic skill. There is a catch though. If they sleep a long time in this sarcophagus twice in a row, the sim will emerge as a Mummy. SimBots and Vampires that sleep in this sarcophagus a long period of time will emerge with the Evil trait replacing one of their original ones - or as an extra "bonus" trait (the good news is you can get rid of it using testingcheatsenabled, but you cannot swap it with another if your sim already has the maximum number of traits for their age).

It is a 50/50 as to which one you get when you make one from rebuild, but you'll know soon enough - one of those times to save your game before putting your Sim to bed!

Big Grin

24-04-2011, 08:38 PM
thanks for the information, thats about all I needed to know, Yeah I rebuilt them, I have 2 rebuilt plain, 2 rebuilt regular, and 2 blessed. Wish I had a cursed one. I just use the regular one for sleeping it doesnt seem to do anything special, but gives energy maybe 1 hour faster than my nrg bed 10, so its fine with me

(24-04-2011 08:27 PM)WaffenThinMint Wrote:  Okay, first thing up is that the two Sarcophagi you mention are basically the same, except the second one looks nicer (depending on your taste).

Not sure of the stats on them, but don't think they're anything to write home about - the big advantage of them is that they can also be used as storage as well as a bed, which is handy if room on your lot is at a premium.

However, you have said you have rebuilt these, which is another matter entirely, as you will now have either a Blessed or a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings, both of which have special traits to them.

The first one causes energy recovery very quickly, and a mummy that sleeps in it a long time will become a normal sim again. It's main use of course is getting rid of the Mummy's Curse.

The second one is a bit of a gamble. Sims that sleep in it gradually improve their Athletic skill. There is a catch though. If they sleep a long time in this sarcophagus twice in a row, the sim will emerge as a Mummy. SimBots and Vampires that sleep in this sarcophagus a long period of time will emerge with the Evil trait replacing one of their original ones - or as an extra "bonus" trait (the good news is you can get rid of it using testingcheatsenabled, but you cannot swap it with another if your sim already has the maximum number of traits for their age).

It is a 50/50 as to which one you get when you make one from rebuild, but you'll know soon enough - one of those times to save your game before putting your Sim to bed!

Big Grin
24-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Glad to be of help!

(Hey Necrovamp, do us all a favour btw and post some stuff in the Off Topic section, as they're all being boring old farts there right now because one person's not turned up for a bit!) Tongue