Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sim Ages???
18-03-2008, 03:22 AM
Re: Sim Ages???
I can't wait to find out how they are doing the age groups! *dances nervously, trips and falls on face*

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2008, 03:26 AM
Yeah, they should add real ages.
And why stop there?
Our sims should hit puberty! Why not add a little midlife crisis?
And what about elders nearing death and going through a spiritual stage.
Our sims should have "stages", that we choose, according to their age.
18-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Husband goes through a midlife crisis, buys a sportscar. Drives downtown, sees some hottie, invites her in, has an affair, wife finds lipstick on his collar. Whacks him over the head with a skillet. lol

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
18-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Speaking of aging, I wonder how that will go for townies. It would be wierd having townies die that your sim never got to meet because the game was already generating new townies after they passed.

Then again, I guess you could stash them all in a home (nursing home) where they would constantly die off after a while which means you would always have room to "refill" hehe that sounds so morbid!

It would be like a death chamber becuz old townies would always go in and never come back out
Becuz when some died off you could add more snd since the neighborhood will be constantly gaining and loosing, you wouldn't ever have to play the house.

MUAHAHA! *cough* sorry.

But anyway, this aging thing could work very well for us gamers, just think real estate, if you created some sims or townies you never played, or you made them just to be neighbors, if they eventually all died off, the natural way (no family bin intended) you can fix up the new unoccupied house how you'd like and either move your sims in, or create more townies( new neighbors) but I'm unsure about townie ghosts from the last tenants

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
18-03-2008, 03:30 AM
(18-03-2008 02:09 AM)doggonesoccergurl link Wrote:[glow=red,2,300]I heard that they would age gradually! ;D[/glow]

lol, thats what I said (in a different thread).

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
18-03-2008, 04:08 AM
Sim age groups are a huge aspect of the game in my book. I think it would be nice to have sims age gradually based on actual numerical ages, but I do, however, believe this is far to difficult to achieve form a developing stand point, for the same reasons as height. It's not just facial changes, but changes in height gradually over time, which has already been discussed as difficult enough to implement in a game like TS3. You could still have real numerical ages, but you would still only physically change ounce you graduate to a new age group. Days could equal the same amount of time as in TS2, but a year,including full season rotation, would break down with 5 days per month, 12 months per year.
The 12 age groups could be...
  • Infant(first 4 months)
  • Baby(5 months-3 years)
  • Toddler(4-6)
  • Child(6-11)
  • Preteen(11-13)
  • Teen(13-15)
  • Older Teen(16-19)(you can drive a car)
  • Young Adult(20-26)
  • Adult(27-36)
  • Middle Aged (37-60)(how old you appear depends on health during adult phase)
  • Senior(60-77)(same deal as middle age)
  • Elder(77-???)(few sims will last more than a year ounce this age is reached)

18-03-2008, 04:20 AM
I would prefer 5 days per SEASON, 4 seasons per year, myself.

it'd be nice.

But I'm sure they'll figure out some clever way of doing things.

~The Great And Powerful Moz<br /><br />tons of info about The Sims 3.<br />http://www.sims3.com/the_sims_3/check_this_out-t976.0.html
18-03-2008, 04:23 AM
But of course!  ;D

18-03-2008, 04:23 AM
That sounds like a great idea but my reality is that EAxis has been working on this for years now with one more to go. I'm starting to think that we are all guessing for close to nothing becuz they are so mature in stages by now. I mean, in two days we will have an idea of how it will happen anf I doubt they will go back to the beginning stages of developement just to change everything around for us. I just can't wait until the day after tommorow' ill be on that site first thing since its good Friday and no school!

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
18-03-2008, 04:30 AM
(18-03-2008 04:20 AM)BrokenHeartTheory link Wrote:I would prefer 5 days per SEASON, 4 seasons per year, myself.

it'd be nice.

But I'm sure they'll figure out some clever way of doing things.
I thought a lot bout how much time a year should be, I think your idea might be even better, sims would age to slow with my idea. I do think actual years are going to be an emphasis since the magazines seem to give me the impression that it is less about your individual sim or family and more about all the sims in the community  and the actual town itself. I got the impression that the buildings will naturally age to! Now that would be amazing!