Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sims "time"
13-09-2011, 02:17 AM
sims "time"
time goes so fast, i barely get to do anything enjoyable by the time my people wake up, go to the restroom, shower eat, do whatever they need to do to have a good mood etc the days over and they're tired and ready for bed. and my game isn't like, set on the speed up mode. is there anyway i can slow the game down a bit? i havent seen anything in the settings. i just bought the game two days ago though.
Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2011, 09:54 AM
RE: sims "time"
Hi Rissa, yes I am sure that Twallan has a mod to do just this over at Nraas Industries. Either there or there is something similar at Mod The Sims.

One of the easiest tricks if you don't want to go down the modding route is buying a level 10 bed, which means you get fully rested faster (therefore less sleeptime required) and the fastest car you can, again cutting down on travel time which is probably the worst time waste of the whole game.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-09-2011, 10:50 AM
i bought the level 10 bed, i'll try that out for now, are mods harmful in anyway?
14-09-2011, 11:27 AM
(13-09-2011 10:50 AM)rissa Wrote:  i bought the level 10 bed, i'll try that out for now, are mods harmful in anyway?

Just like custom content, some mods can be harmful if they've not been playtested properly. Also there are certain mods called core mods that alter the core script of the game which are never a good idea to install as if you make a save based on an old core mod in your system, then the mod gets updated and omits an action that could be done before it could result in an irretrieveable game crash and you losing your precious save.

Another problem is that a mod made by one user may cause problems when used with another person's mods.

I've learned the hard way to use only one person's mods - Twallan's at Nraas Industries. He's the most respected game modder out there and with good reason. He offers a whole suite of mods that do all manner of things to make your game run super smooth, avoid crashes, and make it a lot more fun.

Best of all they are not core mods (bar one), so his ones enhance your game rather than trying to convert it into something else and rendering your saves without the mod in place useless.

This is his address: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas

I recommend the following mods to start off with:

Relativity Mod: This allows you to alter the speed by which time flows during the day, amongst other things. This allows you to bath quicker, eat faster, skill quicker, relative to the passage of time.

This is the one you want for your current problem!

No CD: simple mod that means you don't need to have your game CD in the drive to play the game, which can wear down your disc over time.

Overwatch: The primary purpose of this mod is to act as a periodic clean up system for correcting errors and eliminating junk that accumulates over a regular play-session that will slow down your game.

The Story Progression: Replaces the lousy EA story progression in the game with one that is far more sensible, again making your game run more realistically.

Master Controller: Allows you to fine tune a lot of things in game, including Sims, families, household sizes, their skills, their careers, and so on. If you are wanting to make a particular kind of Sim for whatever reason (eg. a Level 5 Athlete who is a vampire), you can use it to change any Sim you desire to fit the bill.

Please note that his mods may need to be updated whenever EA patches the Sims 3 game, but he is very quick with doing this, so it will be a simple matter of taking the old version of any mod out of your Mod folder and putting the new one in.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
15-09-2011, 10:05 AM
thanks for all the info, i appreciate it i'm gunna check out his mods!