www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
WinRar? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Legacy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Sims 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Technical Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: WinRar? (/showthread.php?tid=4730)

WinRar? - sophieinigo - 16-02-2009 10:49 PM

how do you extract files from winrar into your game? thanks!

Re: WinRar? - sophieinigo - 16-02-2009 11:09 PM

trying 2 unzip raon sims stuffz =]

Re: WinRar? - Bat - 16-02-2009 11:13 PM

Just extract it to your downloads folder I believe. {blink}

Re: WinRar? - Joann - 19-02-2009 04:00 AM

[size=8pt]Go to your documents [[start >> documents]], create a new folder and name it something like 'Sims 2 Downloads' or whatever you want, go and download all of the CC you want. Make sure to save it to your 'Sims 2 Downloads' folder in documents, though.
Then go to the little place with all the. . . well. . . [[start >> documents >> ea games >> the sims 2]] and create a new folder and name it Downloads ((or whatever you please, really.)) Then go back to your 'Sims 2 Downloads' folder in your documents and highlight all of conent in the 'Sims 2 Downloads' folder. Right click and choose 'extract files. . .' not 'extract files here'. A small window will pop up. Then choose the little tab under where it says documents. [[it also says things like public, computer, or network.]] It should be your username for your computer. [[username for you computer >> documents >> ea games >> the sims 2 >> click on the 'downloads' folder you created >> ok.]]
It should extract all of the CC you highlighted into your game (:

if you have any problems or questions, feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to try to help further or give you a screen-shot walkthrough. It's how I get my CC into my game (:

Re: WinRar? - qweenofyou - 22-02-2009 05:25 AM

I'm having a problem with some of my cc showing up and some not.  I saw this info and was wondering if this applies to Vista or if it's for XP?  I save download with winrar and then I extract to users>>my name>>downloads as I had been advised and this is getting some content into the game and some not.

Re: WinRar? - phoebe91 - 22-02-2009 06:28 AM

It should be the same thing, just make sure your extracting it to the downloads folder in the EA Games -> Sims 2 folder.

Re: WinRar? - Bat - 22-02-2009 03:42 PM

Make sure you have the meshes too.

Re: WinRar? - Majick - 22-02-2009 06:18 PM

Yeah, some times when you download items, they require a  "Mesh", which is a base item needed to make the CC work.

If it's a recolor of an EA item that you should have via an EP, SP or Base Game, then naturally the CC will show up, but a lot of times if you download from a website, they'll have something that says "Mesh Required" and then will link you to where you can get the mesh for the item.