Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
What song are you listening to?
15-08-2012, 06:41 PM
RE: What song are you listening to?
For one horrible moment there, I thought [removed] meant a song by Paul McCartney's old band! Shocked

Pink Floyd, "Wish You Were Here" (one of their many good - if depressing - moments)

Ed Sheeran did this at the close of the Olympics, and it felt weird. Not because he did it badly, but because this is a 21 year old guy with his whole life ahead of him singing a thirty-somethings lament to being stuck in a rut of career and family daily routine & unable to see any hope of fulfilling any past dreams pines for old friends/lovers as if somehow renewed dalliances with them would change the future (that song predicted the patheticness of the Friends Reunited website!). It would be as strange if it was Tina Turner or Tom Jones singing "Why Must I Be A Teenager In Love" (not that I wouldn't put that one past either of them)

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 09:18 PM
@ Minty. hahaha, noo. did he have a band called Little Mix..? or was it called Wings..? o_o

16-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Paul McCartney's band was Wings with Denny Laine from the Moody Blues and his awful wife Linda McCartney (the one who really broke up the Beatles, not Yoko. Linda was Nancy Spungen & Emma Thompson all rolled into one - "ooo Paul, you're the talent, you can do without them - & can I be in your new band too?").

They had their moments to be fair like "C-Moon", the James Bond Theme "Live & Let Die", "Old Siam Sir", "Band On The Run", "Coming Up" - which was recorded by Wings but released as a solo single for legal reasons - and the brilliant "Jet".

One for the Aussies, AC/DC "Touch Too Much"

Back in the days metal and rock meant having a good tune instead of trying to sound like an end level boss of some games console Shoot Em Up game! Biggrin

17-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Has to be this!

I wonder, if I took that Harry Styles Sim I made and turned him into a werewolf, would he look like Gaz Coombs?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

18-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Queen- Somebody to Love

On a massive Queen kick lately, their music makes me so happy Smile
20-09-2012, 06:12 PM
This!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN...plpp_video

So amazing!
23-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Labrinth - Treatment

[Image: heavy_sig.jpg]

23-09-2012, 11:59 AM
(16-08-2012 11:04 PM)Minty Wrote:  Paul McCartney's band was Wings with Denny Laine from the Moody Blues and his awful wife Linda McCartney (the one who really broke up the Beatles, not Yoko. Linda was Nancy Spungen & Emma Thompson all rolled into one - "ooo Paul, you're the talent, you can do without them - & can I be in your new band too?").

They had their moments to be fair like "C-Moon", the James Bond Theme "Live & Let Die", "Old Siam Sir", "Band On The Run", "Coming Up" - which was recorded by Wings but released as a solo single for legal reasons - and the brilliant "Jet".

Musn't forget 'Mull of Kintyre'! Tongue I used to love that song. Then I found out it was about a geographical feature shaped like a penis. Kind of takes away the charm.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
29-09-2012, 10:57 AM
That's nice Bobert.
Im currently listening to Strange times by The black keys.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

29-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Kiss Me - Sixpense None Thr Richer.

Tongue lol

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]