Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does The Sims 2 still appeal to you?
03-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Re: Does The Sims 2 still appeal to you?
Despite what everyone else has done, The knowinginnity of the sims 3 has perked up my gameplay for TS2. If anything, i'm playing it even more now! I don't know why, but I really, really want to "finalise" everything with ts2, an dI don't feel i've done that yet. I really want to make more neighbourhoods in it. Smile

Although, i must admit, every time we get a TS3 upadte, I don't play TS2 that day. I went crazy when I heard the neighbourhood theme!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2008, 10:21 AM
well, even with all the excitement about TS3, I'm still playing The Sims 2 from time to time, even tho it's not the same thing it was when I first got it 4 years ago.

Now lately I'm trying to exploit the cheat system and the creatures more. {clap} cause I got bored with all the family, children and jobs. the same stories all over.  {yes}
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2008 08:04 PM by Scene23.)
Oh my. It seems like it was yesterday when The Sims 2 arrived on the shelves of video game stores everywhere. Does anyone remember all the anticpation for that game? I remember I stopped playing the Sims 1 because I was amped up for part 2. Especially with the new graphics it brought, the dyanmic change of the gameplay that was delievered - and all the worry about buying a new computer because of the upgrade level that was attended.

Now things are changing again, in a matters of a few months. Wow.  Tongue

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, could I tell you all the truth. I still LOVE my Sims 2, and i'm not ready to seperate from it yet. I only go Sims 2 for Christmas last year, when it was half price, because I wanted to 'try' it.

Like Adam, I feel as if I haven't 'completed' my time with the game. I've progressed alot since last December, and i'm not prepared to stop now.

Even though i've missed alot of the years Sims 2 has been around, and didn't have to wait for some expansions, i'm not ready to let it go yet.
04-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Same as Rena;
I only started playing last summer...

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
04-11-2008, 02:35 AM
To tell the truth, it still has some appeal to me, especially when I am in that real-life, storytelling mood. 

I have been playing sims since the first came out, and it is still awesome.  The first sims didn't keep it's appeal, because it is just annoying--I can't get over the graphics and the old sims gameplay, but I love TS2.

I am ready to part with it, when it is time, but it is one of the only games that I will not part with, unless there is a sequel. 

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
That's understandable. Some people (like myself) have played the game since the sims one first came out in 2000.

I awaited the sims2 as well and because it was 4 years ago, I'm now ready for an upgrade. I stopped playing right after nightlife, I've collected other recent ones like BV, an sp, ans seasons but still, I'm tired of the same gamerplay. Out with the old, bring in the new!

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
04-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Exactly.

It is just getting old after playing it for the last 4 years.

You have the same stories, practically everyone acts the same, and people have the same kind of life (mainly in their house).

The features that TS3 mentioned are so much more awesome and so much more effective for different stories, and gameplay.

It is losing it's appeal due to age, and hearing about the features of TS3.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
10-11-2008, 02:15 AM
I agree with yummybunny; after hearing all the new features in ts3

I keep wishing whenever I hit a loading screen that i had a seamless neighborhood

and I feel like all my sims are living the same story, on their lot.

{unsure}

[Image: es0ynd.jpg]
<br />-need a sign? ask me. (:
10-11-2008, 08:44 AM
(04-11-2008 01:57 AM)¤ Watashi wa kawaii desu. ¤ link Wrote:Same as Rena;
I only started playing last summer...

I think it's just the people who haven't been playing for 4 years.

I only started playing shortly after OFB came out.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]