Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems when loading house
03-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Re: Problems when loading house
Have you tried to reinstall the game?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2009, 05:21 AM
no...do I uninstall and then reinstall??
03-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Yeah, however you will lose all your current information.

03-01-2009, 06:32 AM
are there any other options at this point??
03-01-2009, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2009 06:44 AM by phoebe91.)
Hope that it works... but your best bet would just to uninstall everything then reinstall everything. I'd say back up your game data, but it might be the problem...

... although you could anyways, and see if the reinstallation would work, and if it does, put back your files and then if it starts crashing, then you know that it is your game files.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
03-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled...it gave me the option to keep saved games, so I said yes.  Now when I start the game a box pops up saying this game is not compatible w/this version of windows.  I've tried going to other towns, but the game locks up when trying to go to Strangetown.  I live in Veronaville and can go (sometimes) into one of the houses, but not the one I built or the Capp's.

Should I uninstall and not save my game or do I have bigger problems w/compatability??

Thanks again for all the help...sorry nothing seems to be working!  I hope it will soon!
03-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Oops...I forgot to get the patch after reinstalling...however I was able to go right into my house and played happily for an hour or so, and then I thought I should test it and I was unable to get back in...FRUSTRATING!!!

I might just have to go to PC w/XP...
03-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Try compatibility mode.

03-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I just tried all the different compability modes and was unable to enter my house.  I did not try to enter other houses, but I was playing before w/XP comp., so I'm assuming that's probably the only one that I should need to use.

It did give me an option of moving my familly to the family bin, but they lose all their posessions and something else.  Would this benefit me in any way??  I'm thinking no...
03-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, if it is only the one house you are having problems with, then yeah, try moving the family to a different lot.

Also, try to make sure you can get into other houses in both the same neighborhood and a different neighborhood.