or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what would you do?
11-01-2009, 02:04 AM
Re: what would you do?
that's a good, logical way to fix it.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2009, 02:10 AM
My computer won't let me down.  I have faith in it.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
11-01-2009, 04:19 AM
I'd cry xD Then yell at the computer, and then search on Google for answers while getting more annoyed by the second.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
11-01-2009, 11:02 AM
(10-01-2009 01:29 PM)venus link Wrote:what would you do if it was February 20th, you had recently bought the sims 3, you had finished installing it and when you clicked the sims 3 icon on your desktop it said: program is corrupted / is missing a necessary file to open the program, meaning that you could not play the sims 3?
( this happened to me when installing the sims 2 but i was calm and just wacked the keyboard with my fists and considered sueing the place i bought it from)

I would unistall it, install it again and if it still shows me the bugs, I'll go and return it to the store and get another.
Because I know my computer won't let me down.

I don't understand why you people don't play TS2 anymore, and stay without it, altho you can play it. I'm still eagerly running it with my simself and trying new things with interesting looking Sims.  {yes}

now I have to woohoo with 3 of my favourite lead singers.{devil}
11-01-2009, 11:14 AM
actually, there wasnt any bugs or anything. i think that the shop i bought it from downloaded the sims 2 by torrent because in the disc there was some folder called crack. thats what you get get in folders by torrent right?
so i threw the disk in the trash bin and had to wait two months to get an original from malaysia. ( i knew anything downloaded by torrent wouldnt work because my cousin downloaded a program by torrent and it WOULD NOT WORK!)
11-01-2009, 05:24 PM
(11-01-2009 11:02 AM)earthgirl link Wrote:I don't understand why you people don't play TS2 anymore, and stay without it, altho you can play it. I'm still eagerly running it with my simself and trying new things with interesting looking Sims.  {yes}

now I have to woohoo with 3 of my favourite lead singers.{devil}

We still play TS2, but after five years of faithfully hearing it, then hearing about TS3, which seems way better, it just made TS2 seem old and less appealing.  It's like a child having this old toy, then they hear about the upcoming version of the toy, and this toy can talk and is remote-controlled.  That old toy all of a suddens becomes old and less appealing upon hearing about all the new toy can do.  Then the child can't enjoy the old toy, because they always think about the new toy.

And about woohooing with your favorite singers...

Good luck!  (That's what I love about The Sims...there are many possibilities...and you can do things you can't do in your lifetime.)

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
ya, everything is possible in the sims that you can't do in real life.  It's like my alternate reality.  My alter-ego comes out in it and stuff, and now with TS3 coming out with even better stuff I can't wait to see what I can do.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
17-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Neither can I. I uninstalled ts2 a couple of days ago, and I was going to reinstall it on my other hard drive (that has WAAAAY more space) and I made back ups and everything, but I just don't wanna do it, cause I listened to the TS3 neighbourhood theme as I uninstalled them.

PLUS it takes an awfully long time to reinstall them all, and it took a while just to make the backups. It takes a very long time to install all of them. (like, 3 hours, if you're doing it casually) so i just couldn't be bothered.

I expect I'll install them all in a couple of years to reminisce, like I did with the sims 1. It made the sims 2 look a WHOLE bunch better. SO i'll just save it until i'm bored with the sims 3 (and from all of the updates, I don't think that'll be soon!) and then i'll play ts2. It'll revitalise my sims 3 passion.

Oh, and to the op:

I'd scream, making my mum come in the room, and start crying because of it. then i'd go into my room for about and hour, trying to calm down. once i've clamded down, id reinstall it, and if that doesn't work, i'd take it back to the store. (I wouldn't go online, cause it would just come up with articles saying how great it is) But I do trust my computer. I might have to put spore on the other hard-drive though. That freezes quite a lot, which make me quite worried about the sims 3.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
22-03-2009, 01:06 AM
my computer would never do that to me unless i gave it a virus which i have once but still my computer loves me ^^ lol

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
22-03-2009, 02:45 AM
i would be mad!!! {cursing}
i will go back to the store and return the one that didn`t work and get another one