Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I just finished reading Twilight...
29-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Re: So I just finished reading Twilight...
oh. em. gee.

The Twilight obsession is getting a serious major annoyance. && truthfully, Edward Cullen/Robert Pattinson is the ugliest man, in my opinion, that everyone else thinks is the smex.
I mean, seriously. wth is wrong with that dude's hair? And it's like his head is HUGE.
No thanks >.>

No, I havn't read any of the books. Yes, I possibly plan to start somewhere in the . . . distance future.
so. . .  I can't technically vent on how much I hate Twilight right now. But I will say what I do have, even if I havn't read it (:

- If I recall, a lot of vampires don't glitter. Actually, other than in Twilight, I know of none.
- So, I guess vampires can be in the sun without burning, now.
- It's got the same plot as any other romance/whatever book. (Boy-girl fall in love. Can't be together for some reason. One leaves the other. They get back together. . . )
- A lot of books/series are really great. But, come one, seriously? A lot of my friends went ballistic on me when they found out my copy of Twilight (of which is sitting on my book shelf, unread) contained a poster with Edward/Bella && everyone else important on the other side.
- Mary Sue/Gary Stu, anyone?

It's not a lot, but it's what I'm using.
xP I'm not posting this here to be argued with. I refuse to fight with you about. . . whatever. Just putting my opinion out into the wild, yo :B

But, I mean. These are some pretty reasonable. . . reasons!

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2009, 01:07 AM
(28-01-2009 09:07 PM)Cassie link Wrote:I saw the movie 5 times in the cinema, though only because 3 out of those 5 times, somebody else paid for me. It's a good movie but I really don't want to end up venting in general about Twilight, but, I'm going do it anyway, becase I'm a moo.

Since the film came out, my school and all my friends are Twilight obsessives. And, it's driving me bonkers. I preferred those days hen it was just little old me sat on the benches or on the field reading the book, and no one cared about what I was reading 'cause no one knew what it was (I showed people, told them the series was awesome but no one really took any notice). It was only me who loved them. But since the films hit, it's Twilight this and Twilight that, everyone quoting it on MSN, reading it in class, yada yada yada. I know it sounds lame to be irratated by this but it just annoys me SO much and I don't know why. I preffered it at school when no one knew nor cared about Twilight, just because it felt more closer to me.

And most of you all know I'm a HP girl through-and-through. And now that this Twilight obsession has sprung, people are being incredibly rude to me about HP, telling me it's lame and, uh, other words that I won't use on here. A girl I know who claims she has read the HP books more often than I have said to me just a few weeks ago that HP is no comparison to Twilight, and she went on about how rubbish HPis now, and arghh I just felt like crying. I'm lame, I know.

Sad

I still love ya, Harry.
I agree... I'm annoyed at myself because I started the Twilight trend at school. All because I took my stupid friend to see the stupid movie. You see, she's friends with EVERYONE, and she got everyone into Twilight. They all think they're the biggest Twilight fans ever, but they saw the movies first! I know that's hypocrtical because I saw the Harry Potter movies before I started reading the books (I read the fifth one and right now I'm a-workin' on the first) but I was what, 10 the last time one of the movies came out. :| 
And, I can't stand Rosalie! Who cares if her story is "sad"!?

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
29-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Me lol
(29-01-2009 12:59 AM)JOANN. link Wrote:[size=8pt]
No, I havn't read any of the books. Yes, I possibly plan to start somewhere in the . . . distance future.
so. . .  I can't technically vent on how much I hate Twilight right now. But I will say what I do have, even if I havn't read it (:

- If I recall, a lot of vampires don't glitter. Actually, other than in Twilight, I know of none.
- So, I guess vampires can be in the sun without burning, now.
Just because they dont follow the stupid "rules" of the Hollywood vampire doesn't mean that its a dumb book!

A lot of people think that the book is stupid because the don't dumb fangs, can go out in the sun, and sparkle!
29-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Honestly, I can't stand popularity surges like this. I'm with you, Cassie...I rather like loving something that not everyone knows or cares about. It's kind of hard to enjoy something or treasure something when it seems nearly everyone else out there can't get enough of it. Makes it...well, less special.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
29-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Like with Kerli?  You guys liked her because she wasn't very popular right?
29-01-2009, 02:16 AM
(28-01-2009 09:07 PM)Cassie link Wrote:I saw the movie 5 times in the cinema, though only because 3 out of those 5 times, somebody else paid for me. It's a good movie but I really don't want to end up venting in general about Twilight, but, I'm going do it anyway, becase I'm a moo.

Since the film came out, my school and all my friends are Twilight obsessives. And, it's driving me bonkers. I preferred those days hen it was just little old me sat on the benches or on the field reading the book, and no one cared about what I was reading 'cause no one knew what it was (I showed people, told them the series was awesome but no one really took any notice). It was only me who loved them. But since the films hit, it's Twilight this and Twilight that, everyone quoting it on MSN, reading it in class, yada yada yada. I know it sounds lame to be irratated by this but it just annoys me SO much and I don't know why. I preffered it at school when no one knew nor cared about Twilight, just because it felt more closer to me.

And most of you all know I'm a HP girl through-and-through. And now that this Twilight obsession has sprung, people are being incredibly rude to me about HP, telling me it's lame and, uh, other words that I won't use on here. A girl I know who claims she has read the HP books more often than I have said to me just a few weeks ago that HP is no comparison to Twilight, and she went on about how rubbish HPis now, and arghh I just felt like crying. I'm lame, I know.

Sad

I still love ya, Harry.

Spot on. And about them bothering you about HP, how rude! I love HP a dozen times more than Twilight...always have, always will. But I never purposefully put down Twilight fans just because I don't like it as much.

And that girl needs to get her head checked...

29-01-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm reading the first Harry Potter book, and I've already finished OOTP... and I can honestly tell you the writing is flawless and much better than Twilight.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
29-01-2009, 02:26 AM
I must say, as much as I shmoof about Jo's writing, it does make Steph's pale in comparison. Sure, SM has a way with mushy, gushy quotes that people can turn around and use on their MSN and whatnot...but her writing does kind of drag.

29-01-2009, 02:28 AM
I actually like her writing style.  JKR is more detailed though
29-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Both have their ups and downs, I suppose. I must say, though...I enjoy Jo's stories a heck of a lot more. They're so detailed and fantastical. Smile