Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I just finished reading Twilight...
29-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Re: So I just finished reading Twilight...
The reason SM isn't the best writer in the world, is she's an amateur writer. It's just the truth. She never planned to write a book, or a book series.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2009, 02:33 AM
Too true.

Although, I suppose you could say nearly the same thing about Jo. But I think Jo's a lot more connected to her world and characters than SM is to hers. That could be why HP draws people in the way Twilight can't.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
29-01-2009, 04:13 AM
(29-01-2009 02:33 AM)Bambikins link Wrote:Too true.

Although, I suppose you could say nearly the same thing about Jo. But I think Jo's a lot more connected to her world and characters than SM is to hers. That could be why HP draws people in the way Twilight can't.
Mhm,well I can never read any of JKR's books.
I'm not a person who reads fat books,mostly because I don't have the patience.
I respect anyone who does,because you have to have ALOT of patience to read the books.

29-01-2009, 04:32 AM
Just take it one page at a time. Don't think of it as such a big book. You managed to get through Twilight okay, and HP isn't muge bigger. Especially the first few books. You should definitely give it another go sometime. Smile

29-01-2009, 05:22 AM
*just woke up and saw all the comments* Ah, poo. *reads through*

Hehe, it's quite interesting to follow your conversations  Big Grin

(29-01-2009 12:59 AM)JOANN. link Wrote:oh. em. gee.

The Twilight obsession is getting a serious major annoyance. && truthfully, Edward Cullen/Robert Pattinson is the ugliest man, in my opinion, that everyone else thinks is the smex.
I mean, seriously. wth is wrong with that dude's hair? And it's like his head is HUGE.
No thanks >.>

No, I havn't read any of the books. Yes, I possibly plan to start somewhere in the . . . distance future.
so. . .  I can't technically vent on how much I hate Twilight right now. But I will say what I do have, even if I havn't read it (:

- If I recall, a lot of vampires don't glitter. Actually, other than in Twilight, I know of none.
- So, I guess vampires can be in the sun without burning, now.
- It's got the same plot as any other romance/whatever book. (Boy-girl fall in love. Can't be together for some reason. One leaves the other. They get back together. . . )
- A lot of books/series are really great. But, come one, seriously? A lot of my friends went ballistic on me when they found out my copy of Twilight (of which is sitting on my book shelf, unread) contained a poster with Edward/Bella && everyone else important on the other side.
- Mary Sue/Gary Stu, anyone?

It's not a lot, but it's what I'm using.
xP I'm not posting this here to be argued with. I refuse to fight with you about. . . whatever. Just putting my opinion out into the wild, yo :B

But, I mean. These are some pretty reasonable. . . reasons!

Well, you put the finger right on my own opinions  Big Grin I didn't like the sparkly bit at all, GARY STU!!!! I prefer the Hollywood vampires over all! And that's the reason I love the discworld vampires so incredibly much. For them, all Hollywood myths are true, even the ones that contradict each other, but not for the same vampire. I like some romance books, but not many since they ALL seem to have the same script.

Also, every page in the book I just thought Mary, Gary, Mary, Gary... all the way through...

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
30-01-2009, 02:42 AM
(29-01-2009 04:32 AM)Bambikins link Wrote:Just take it one page at a time. Don't think of it as such a big book. You managed to get through Twilight okay, and HP isn't muge bigger. Especially the first few books. You should definitely give it another go sometime. Smile
Haha,we'll see. I may start reading it,who knows I may like it (:

30-01-2009, 02:46 AM
I have a feeling you will. Smile For some reason, a lot of HP fans love Twilight, and a lot of Twilight fans have come to love HP. Don't know why it is, as they're really don't have much in common, but such is the truth. And, hey, if I'm wrong, I'll read any book of your choosing, whether I want to or not. Smile

30-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Haha (:
I'm the type of person who just wants to things to happen quickly. Like I wanted SO badly to skip all of BD.
I'll try.

31-01-2009, 12:31 AM
It's funny, though, because once you get sucked into a story, it seems like time flies. At least for me it does. Smile

But I'm like you as I'm hardly very patient. Wink Especially when it comes to the ending of stories/series. Sometimes I find myself simply dying to skip to the final page once I'm near the end. The last few pages are almost as bad as the first few in some cases.

31-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Tongue My brother has read from OOTP to the last book.....That's the only book/series he'll ever read  {lol}