Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I cancelled my pre-order
05-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Re: I cancelled my pre-order
I knew that they only delayed the game so they could do advertising.There wasn't enough advertisment for the game.I even know some hard core sims fans and they didn't even know about a sims 3 till recently.
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't really understand why people are so surprised by the fact that the money is the biggest factor to them. Isn't that the point of making the games?

They don't care about you, your creations, your ideas. You are their paycheck and that is it. It's always been like that, it is for the majority of all companies.

This delay will help them, and even though I want the game in February, I think the delay was a smart idea.
05-02-2009, 11:11 PM
(05-02-2009 09:24 PM)AbePwns link Wrote:I don't really understand why people are so surprised by the fact that the money is the biggest factor to them. Isn't that the point of making the games?

They don't care about you, your creations, your ideas. You are their paycheck and that is it. It's always been like that, it is for the majority of all companies.

This delay will help them, and even though I want the game in February, I think the delay was a smart idea.
Able I agree with you as everyone knows that summertime lacks alot of great games,but people will notice this game becuase its a well known serier,and it will also lure more people to the game.
05-02-2009, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2009 11:38 PM by Scene23.)
Guys The Sims 3 isn't the only game that has gotten pushed back from EA, their financial status is actually dreading on thin ice. Read this article:

EA also announced today that it plans to reduce head count beyond its previous 10 percent estimate. EA now expects to cut its workforce by 11 percent, or 1,100 employees, as well as close 12 facilities, "narrow its product portfolio," and eliminate certain other costs. The publisher has already enacted a number of these cuts, with such studios as Skate 2 and Need for Speed developer Black Box and Madden NFL office EA Tiburon both having confirmed layoffs in the past month.

As a result of the grim holiday quarter, EA said that it would once again be lowering its full fiscal-year outlook. For the year ending March 31, EA now expects to pull in between $4.2 billion and $4.25 billion in fiscal 2009, with a loss per share of between $3.29 and $3.56.

In news that would also impact the publisher's lowered forecast, EA said that it would be bumping a trio of games out of fiscal 2009. The Sims 3, which had previously been expected on February 20, is now expected to arrive on June 2. BioWare's Dragon Age: Origins, which had been penciled in for a PC launch before the end of March, is now slated for the back half of 2009. Finally, Godfather II will move beyond its announced February 24 date, though no updated release window was revealed.

After reading this, I can honestly say that this is understandable. Even though the company went about it the wrong way, without giving us fans updates; but this calms me down a lil bit, because if I was in the industry of business I would probably strategize the same way, even though it would upset a lot of people in the process.  Sad

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
05-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I read this I think on kotaku.com,also ea had to lay off 1100 people and I think like 12 or more of its facilities. Alot of game studios are having it hard right now abunch of them are also closing down.
06-02-2009, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2009 12:48 PM by LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore.)
This is Sodom and Gomorra
(05-02-2009 11:42 PM)justinL92 link Wrote:I read this I think on kotaku.com,also ea had to lay off 1100 people and I think like 12 or more of its facilities. Alot of game studios are having it hard right now abunch of them are also closing down.

I don't understand it anyway. EA lays off good developers and programmers and producers when all the super-rich shareholders would have to do is to cut down on their enormous income and invest their money back into their own darned company. The money is there for Christ's sake. It only needs to be re-distributed!!!

I believe if one milliionaire shareholder would neglect to buy the millionaire doggie a 2.000.000 dollar worth diamond collar (as they obviously do, they like to show off on TV with such things) than about 400 or 500 permanent jobs could be saved. Hey! How's that sound!

The problem is shareholders care about neither companies, people nor games.

Good luck in this world. Jobs get slayed. The middle class is practically exctinct. The rich get richer. Oh they do beg for money from the state. They put pressure on the government saying if you don't give us money we'll have to cut more jobs. So the tax payers (us) have to give the rich people more money. The rich people spend it for themselves rather than re-hiring good staff or saving their companies... and the jobs get slayed anyway. It's bloody Sodom and Gomorra.

Cross the wounded Galaxies
08-02-2009, 10:44 PM
That is exactly right. Big bonuses should be a thing of the past, that is what is hurting the economy.
There should be a shame list posted of all the money grubbing executives who are taking away peoples jobs, so that they can live in luxury.
10-02-2009, 08:54 AM
How do you cancel a pre-order from the EA store. i would like to canecel mine as well. this is nonsense.

Never settle for less!
10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
(10-02-2009 08:54 AM)Zan link Wrote:How do you cancel a pre-order from the EA store. i would like to canecel mine as well. this is nonsense.

Hmmm.  That's a good question.  Usually online stores don't have that option listed, but they are a store...they should have a refund policy and stuff...it just is "hidden" on the website.

I'd say try to find a refund policy...you may find it under story policy if there is a link, or something like that.  If not, email or call an EA representative.  They may either refund your money or you just may get store credit.  But also they may not refund you, because there is fine print involved in online purchases and on the website sometimes, so just see.

I'm gonna go ahead and keep mine, all I did was put five on it and the prima guide.  Then I don't need store credit, so there's no point.  I knew that it would be a freaking waste to go ahead and pay, as I usually do a week or two before.

This Feb. 20 was a release date too good to be true, and it wasn't pushed back since like April or whatever.  They really had us fooled.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
(10-02-2009 08:54 AM)Zan link Wrote:How do you cancel a pre-order from the EA store. i would like to canecel mine as well. this is nonsense.

I don't know about the EA store... I ordered mine at Amazon and there it's fairly easy to cancel. Also you are not required to pay in advance. You simply go to your order tracking -> look which orders are still open / not yet shipped and when you go into the order details you have the option to cancel order.

If I were you I'd look if there is any order overview thing when you log into your store account.

Good luck!

A.

Cross the wounded Galaxies