Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After a rethink, I'm going to take what I get and appreciate it.
05-02-2009, 04:23 AM
Re: After a rethink, I'm going to take what I get and appreciate it.
haha, you are so right on this one.  I complain about delays but honestly, life goes on and I do enjoy my life even if it doesn't go my way such as the TS3 delay and considering there's nothing I can do about it, I might as well enjoy my time before TS3 gets here and not get all upset over a game.  Plus, the wait will make TS3 that much more appealing when I finally do get it!  Big Grin

Anyway, you brought up a great point and I'm glad you did.  It reminded me of why I love this forum as well.  Other forums don't have such optimistic members and there would be hundreds of threads from angry rantings sims lovers needing to vent.  At least at this forum there are members who see the bright side of non-optimal situations!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Yep, no matter what we do, it'll be a miracle if anybody can change it (apart from the EA head, of course, but I doubt he'll have a change of heart) so there's no point in arguing, since we can't do anything at all, apart from be optimistic.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
05-02-2009, 04:50 AM
This past month or so has already been pretty bad for me... and yesterday when I heard about the delay, I was basically completely destroyed =| Then today, in Character Education (sounds like Barney, but it's a fun class) we were watching a video about how the world may be in 2070... oceans completey dried up, only acid rain, everyone is bald, people are only allowed half a glass of drinking water a day, 20-year-olds looking 40, average life span is 35. It made me feel guilty that I drink a lot of water, TBH {rolleyes} Anyways, then we watched another video with animals killing themselves because humans gave up. I almost cried. It made me realize that when it all comes down to it, Sims should be a small part of our lives.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
05-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Lmao, what kind of video was THAT? There's no way the average lifespan is going to reduce anytime soon, that's for sure. {rolleyes}

But you're all right, and appreciate no one has posted saying I'm a barmly emo lady or something because I was a little worried about that, haha. I'm glad some people are seeing it a little lighter. I'm depressed th game will be delayed but I have so much to not be depressed about that it surpasses that. And I know it's no compensation, but plenty of updates WOULD keep us happy. The game is delayed so there's nothing to do about that now. But at least having updates would give us something to talk baout, keep us interested. I hope EA gets their lazy behinds into action after this, because they certainly weren't trying very hard previously.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
05-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Yes, when was their last OFFICIAL update. (Not creators camp)

[/center]
05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I think it was like Christmas or something. They comletely disregard Sim days now, don't they. It's Thursday today, so well see if we get an update. I'll bet a fiver we don't. {rolleyes}

05-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Hmmm.... I'm playing TS2 right now. It's hard to try and appreciate it. Especially since I'm not going to let it go for another 4 months....

[/center]
05-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I had to delete my Sims in October, I didn't want to but it messed up. I probably would have deleted it by now though. I was simply going mental with all the restraints and the graphics. It always gives me a giggle to remember how just 5 years ago we thought this game and it's 3D graphics were the most amazing things we ever saw, yet now here we all are, moaning about it. {rolleyes} Tongue

05-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Hehe. I bet we'll be in the same situation 6 years from now, with the sims 3! Tongue

And I DID uninstall my games once, but then i needed something to do, so I reinstalled them. I'm still wondering what to do though. I want to make some kind of machinima or something, caus eplaying doesn't really do anything for me anymore. I'd love to build houses, but what's the point? I'll have to remake them when we finally get TS3...

I just need some inspiration....

[/center]
05-02-2009, 12:47 PM
I went looking for some inspiration too, but nothing really inspired me or proved interesting. I'm too lazy to make machinima. I did try building up some wacky situations, like a single mum of 7 children, a child who lived on her own with a house full of ghosts and a dog, and some other bits and bobs like that. Some of them were funny. But in the end I just decided on building a legacy, and I loved it, but I only got to generation 7 I think, and then my game acted up and I had to uninstall the game. I wanted to get to like, generation 30 before Sims 3 came out.

But 'cause I loved my legacy so much, I'll just remake my last family of the legacy in Sims 3 and continue it. I remember their names and what they looked like because I have their pics on Photobucket (and somewhere on this forum I think), so, yah.

It's crazy to think if the game hadn't been delayed, Austrailia would be getting their hands on the game in like, a week. Bejesus.