Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After a rethink, I'm going to take what I get and appreciate it.
08-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Re: After a rethink, I'm going to take what I get and appreciate it.
Lets hope it wont be another Spore. It shouldn't be though. It seems like TS3 will be a very major release for EA, and may be one of their biggest moneymakers. If it fails, or takes too long to release, they'll suffer!

And plus, the games looks positively complete.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2009, 08:18 PM
What annoys me about this whole delay is probably what's annoying most people.
Firstly that EA thinks it's okay to leave news of a delay until the last minute. Heck, I'm a procrastinator, but I don't have several million people depending on me to do things, do I? {rolleyes} They should have told us about this delay BEFORE 2009. Even January would have been... acceptable, I suppose. But February? Pfft. Get of your high horses EA. You're not THAT good. Wink

And secondly, because the reason for the delay is marketing and money, as per usual. All these big companies like WB and EA, always after even more money than they already have... greed gets to their heads, I guess.
It always annoyed me how people would be like 'Well I'm glad they're delaying it, I don't want a buggy game', and all the time I would be shaking my head, because I knew that if there was a delay, it wasn't going to be to perform some major operation on all the 'bugs' in the game. They'd have served it up to us bugged in Feb, and they'll serve it up to us bugged in June, doesn't make much difference really. Oh well. {unsure}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
(08-02-2009 08:18 PM)iBeCαѕѕie link Wrote:What annoys me about this whole delay is probably what's annoying most people.
Firstly that EA thinks it's okay to leave news of a delay until the last minute. Heck, I'm a procrastinator, but I don't have several million people depending on me to do things, do I? {rolleyes} They should have told us about this delay BEFORE 2009. Even January would have been... acceptable, I suppose. But February? Pfft. Get of your high horses EA. You're not THAT good. Wink

And secondly, because the reason for the delay is marketing and money, as per usual. All these big companies like WB and EA, always after even more money than they already have... greed gets to their heads, I guess.
It always annoyed me how people would be like 'Well I'm glad they're delaying it, I don't want a buggy game', and all the time I would be shaking my head, because I knew that if there was a delay, it wasn't going to be to perform some major operation on all the 'bugs' in the game. They'd have served it up to us bugged in Feb, and they'll serve it up to us bugged in June, doesn't make much difference really. Oh well. {unsure}
{clap} {clap} {clap}
08-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I agree. EA doesn't care about the bugs or whatever at all. They have money on their minds and nothing more.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
11-02-2009, 08:43 AM
It's so depressing. It seems like evry company that used to be nice is just getting worse. Sad

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree with Cass, I moaned in groaned for a little while as well but seriously, there's so much I can accomplish while waiting. I finally have the schedule I need for work, I am doing well in school so far and I'm sure if I had the game my homework, attendance, and studying would suffer greatly! I in a great relationship and though we've only been together going on 2 months, I am looking forward to getting to know him better as the months pass. I don't plan on taking but a few summer classes so I will be able to play the sims 3 on summer break. I even plan on vacationing/holidaying to the virgin islands to visit a missed friend.

My only worry this whole year with learning of the sims 3 was that I was afraid I wouldn't even make it to the release. It's odd, and I don't see myself dying anytime soon, but that girl's life was taken from her unexpectedly! I do worry about things like that sometimes, as in will I even be around in June to play the most awaited game this year (for me at least) but I try not to dwell on things of that nature. When we got close to the old Feb release I thought, wow! It's actually going to be here, I'm still here lol! Either way, maybe this release is best, we will have more time and leasure on our hands and you can choose to play it or spend your time outdoors, it's entirely up to you, but I guarentee most of you won't have to decide between completing your homework or playing the sims 3. I have a hard enough time staying off the internet while writing a paper for class lol.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
I agree with Cassie.
All the big auto companies are asking for bailout money when they came into the court room with their private jets. TBH the poor is getter poorer and the rich is getting richer. And they say everyone is having a hard time. Psh yeah right. EA could do whatever they pleased. They have millions, if not billions of dollars to spend.I say they are just being lazy and want to take a 'break' so they won't have to worry about us. All of them are probably vacationing in Hawaii or something.

21-03-2009, 11:26 PM
okay i have posted alot in 1 day and changed my mind also.

I think how people are handling this whole situation is RIDICULOUS
i have pre-ordered it so i am fine with this delaying thing. if you knew the
reason why ea delayed the sims 3 and you thought it over you would understand that
to make more games they need money/Customers and they need to keep their customers
so they delay no that i hear of it and understand it more makes alot of sense to me so
now i will say sorry to ea with a email.... Eventually Smile

Lol

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
22-03-2009, 12:54 AM
I don't think it was the delay that bugged me... like, with the HBP delay, I was annoyed because HP is dear to me and I was so overwhelmed with excitement for the film, but at least WB warned us ahead of time and didn't just come out two weeks before the film 'heh, we care for you guys but we're gonna go and delay a film you've been waiting over a year for by another 3 quarters of a year. Love ya xoxo !!'. I mean, sure, WB did actually pretty much say that (minus the 'love ya' and 'xoxo' of course, hehe), but at least we got an advanced warning. With EA, they handled the delay completely wrong, far too late and without acceptable reasons for the delay. It was a complete mess. Just because I am thankful the delay now does not mean I respect EA for how they handled it.

Sorry I've repeated myself with similar posts a million times in the past. =P

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]