Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Book Recommendations?
21-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Re: Book Recommendations?
I loved our summer reading books!
Brave New World- Aldous Huxley (might be a little mature for younger audiences)
Fahrenheit 451 (4... something, not exactly sure)- Ray Bradbury
Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte (okay i know most people hate this book, but we just finished reading it in class and i love it! its hard to get through, but once you do its amazing, especially if you read it a second time. LOVE this book!)
Life of Pi- Yann Martel
Lord of the Flies- William Golding (AMAZING! the boys show how society is affected if structure is not upheld)
anyways those are the books we have read this year, in my P-IB Honors English 10 class.
Hope you enjoy them because they are all amazing books, that may be slow at first, but by the time they are finished you love them.

<br />I Love Tokyo Police Club (DAVE!), Cupcakes, Brownies, and Besties!<br />Joined March 17, 2008<br />[Image: 5I25.gif]
[Image: XRFP.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2009, 04:48 AM
Oh, I just heard of Aldous Huxley on a flap of another book that I finished reading lol.

Anyways, yeah, I will be reading at least some of these books, whenever I can get through the list lol.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
23-03-2009, 03:58 AM
You should definately read Crank too, if you haven't already! I know some other people have recommended it also.
It's a really quick read (I read it yesterday) because it's all poetry, but a very, very, very good book nonetheless.

<br />I Love Tokyo Police Club (DAVE!), Cupcakes, Brownies, and Besties!<br />Joined March 17, 2008<br />[Image: 5I25.gif]
[Image: XRFP.gif]
23-03-2009, 10:41 PM
(23-03-2009 03:58 AM)hansthesockmonkey link Wrote:You should definately read Crank too, if you haven't already! I know some other people
I love Ellen Hopkins  Crank is a good book,but I love Impulse. I wish I could write in verse as good as her.
05-04-2009, 03:31 AM
Okay, I really need to make a list. So, I'm posting it here, just in case if anyone else is interested in posting anything, so there isn't any repeats. If you don't see your book on here, it means that I've already read it. Then it doesn't need to be on a to read list, does it? Tongue There isn't any particular order either.

No Author Name Given (I'll look it up soon Tongue)

True Colors (??? There's too many books with this name. I need an author or description)

Books With Authors

The Sight by David Clement-Davies
White Fang by Jack London
The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
Two Little Girls In Blue by Mary Higgins Clark
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
Veronika Decides To Die by Paulo Coelho
Everlost by Neal Shusterman
Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
1942 by George Orwell
A Step From Heaven by An Na
Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy
The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause
I am The Messenger (The Messenger in Australia) by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Lord of the Flies by William Golding (I started to read it when I was placed in basic sophomore lit class, but then I transfered out xD)

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
05-04-2009, 03:34 AM
TKAM is amazing O:
and very shocking. Well somewhat xD

The movie is really amazing as well. The only movie that actually is so like the book.
Ignore the fact it's b&w

05-04-2009, 05:36 AM
OMGOMGOMG, I don't even know where to begin. I've been obsessed with reading lately. Don't really know why. But, as I said, I've been a freak at B&N lately. XD

I'm actually such a weirdo about it that I've joined Shelfari.com now. XD I'll go to my account over there, make a list, and get back to you, 'kay?

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
05-04-2009, 05:42 AM
:O I've never heard of that before now! I should haven't created my site then! xDD

05-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Oh! I just got one: http://www.shelfari.com/o1517910258 <3