Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Britney Spears?
27-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Re: Britney Spears?
(24-03-2008 12:33 AM)BambiGoddess link Wrote:The glory of stardom has its downsides.

I'd like to comment on my own comment.

There are tons of celebrities that are under the same pressure as Britney and Lindsay and them are, but they handle it WAY differently. Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Amanda Bynes, and Anne Hathaway, to name a few, are all level headed celebs that do NOT fall into the same pit that certain other celebs do. It's not a black and white world - you can CHOOSE how you handle things.

In my opinion, Britney's made some VERY bad choices and has brought a LOT of media attention to herself. And it snowballs from that. However, the pops are very annoying and I hate how they butt into people's lives.

But again, on the flipside, as I stated earlier, "The glory of stardom has its downsides." You just have to handle those "downsides" with dignity and respect, for both yourself and others. Britney fails to do that.

I've lost a lot of respect for her. Granted, I never had much for her to begin with, but still...

However, she's a person. And some people aren't treating her like one.

Sorry...I'm kind of all over the place...I hope I made SOME sense.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2008, 12:08 PM
you did ;D thanks.
happy b-day agin... even though i said it like 2x times already :Smile

18-04-2008, 01:27 PM
(27-03-2008 03:09 PM)Bambi is Wonder Doe link Wrote:[quote author=BambiGoddess link=topic=551.msg20031#msg20031 date=1206315183]
The glory of stardom has its downsides.

I'd like to comment on my own comment.

There are tons of celebrities that are under the same pressure as Britney and Lindsay and them are, but they handle it WAY differently. Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Amanda Bynes, and Anne Hathaway, to name a few, are all level headed celebs that do NOT fall into the same pit that certain other celebs do. It's not a black and white world - you can CHOOSE how you handle things.

In my opinion, Britney's made some VERY bad choices and has brought a LOT of media attention to herself. And it snowballs from that. However, the pops are very annoying and I hate how they butt into people's lives.

But again, on the flipside, as I stated earlier, "The glory of stardom has its downsides." You just have to handle those "downsides" with dignity and respect, for both yourself and others. Britney fails to do that.

I've lost a lot of respect for her. Granted, I never had much for her to begin with, but still...

However, she's a person. And some people aren't treating her like one.

Sorry...I'm kind of all over the place...I hope I made SOME sense.

[/quote]

See, I think you're right, but I also wonder if that's all there is to it.

Britney Spears was a SENSATION back in the day. At least I remember everyone being totally obsessed with her. I don't really think its fair to compare Amanda to her because she was in a totally different world - the world of comedy.

Anne Hathaway would also never be the same as Britney because honestly, she has a look that doesn't cater to the type of attention that Britney got. Britney had to capitalize on the fact that she's hot, while Anne Hathaway is more sweet and demure.

Other adult celebrities, just kind of skip that type of frenzied attention. Well they do still get it, but they're more focused on their profession, then the tabloids.

Other singers from around her time - Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore, and Christina Aguilera chose to handle things differently. All of them though suffered low points while Britney was still out and about. Her management (in trying to create publicity) probably had a lot to do with her craziness.

I hope that made sense.
18-04-2008, 02:54 PM
You did...and I think we can all agree that Britney is not "all there." Something's screwy in Brainsville...

18-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I know she isnt right in the head but with paparazzi all over her..thank god they have cooled it down i noticed a big difference.
leave britney alone.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
18-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Seriously...it's a waste of everyone's time.

18-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I feel sorry for Britney. She's had so much hassle and attention through the majority of her life, and okay, I admit, she didn't deal with it in the correct way, but can anyone honestly say they get it right all the time? And has anyone on here honestly been in her shoes, felt how she feels with the paparazzi on her almost every hour of the day? She isn't the most ideal role model, but nobody is. She's sorting herself out now, slowly, but she's getting there, I hope she'll make a full recovery and we'll see Brit at her best again soon.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I couldn't agree more.

18-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Yea, I feel bad for her. Did anyone see the youtube video where her state is obviously...altered? She's talking about how she feels like she missed out on life, and it just hurts for me to watch it.

First of all imagine being around people that you can't trust trying to capitalize on your mistakes.

I was watching this interview with someone totally unrelated to Britney and she was saying how dealing with the paparazzi is really difficult. She said that you always have to wonder about people and if they're undercover working to get info out of you.
18-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Are you referring to the video where she is 'stoned'? I saw that... it was quite sad. Sad

And I agree with you completely about Britney, but she is getting her act together, and thats all that matters at the moment. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]