Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YouTube, QUIT THIS COPYRIGHT CRAP.
19-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Re: YouTube, QUIT THIS COPYRIGHT CRAP.
I buy CD's because I have almost the same reason as Princess.

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2009, 12:20 PM
And no true musician is in it solely for the money, I don't think. I want to be a musician because music is what I love and what makes me the person I am. I don't care for heaploads of cash and a huge mansion in the swanky part of London etc etc.

[center]Maybe if I stare at you slantways it will make me giggle.[/center]
19-04-2009, 01:29 PM
That happens to me alot on facebook.. it's stupid... I had a video montage removed cause of the background music.. wtf

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
19-04-2009, 01:46 PM
(19-04-2009 12:15 PM)ZeVision link Wrote:The idea that anybody who buys CDs is a spoiled brat hurts my feelings. I buy CDs because I think they have nice sound quality, and I think they generally have the price of what they're worth, and I don't believe in downloading illegally. Does that make me a spoiled brat?

I can't help it that I like things to be the good old-fashioned way. Sheesh.

If I was referring to everyone like that as a spoiled brat, I would had said everyone.  The topic of the sentence was my cousin, and spoiled brat is the adjective that describes my cousin.  But I'll try to watch how I say something next time.  It's how we talk in the area I live. 

I'm sure most people had called someone doing an everyday thing something, but was not referring to everyone in the same group.

(19-04-2009 12:20 PM)ZeVision link Wrote:And no true musician is in it solely for the money, I don't think. I want to be a musician because music is what I love and what makes me the person I am. I don't care for heaploads of cash and a huge mansion in the s****y part of London etc etc.

I'm glad that there are still groups like that today, but I believe not many.  For example, let's take artists like Kanye West and Evanescence, every time I read an article about copyright, like using music for non-distributive purposes, they are always saying something in the article.  They are really talented groups, and they were mentioned in some article about Youtube, they just need to shove it, talking about they need to pay or get permission from them.  They don't care what we have to say, they are just in it for the money.  They'll delete our little email or throw away our letter.

What people needs to do is just stop posting videos on Youtube...do a protest...there are many other video sharing sites out there, though not as big and great as Youtube, but once they realize they are losing money, they will change.

They want us to use uncopyrighted music, or very old music, like let's say Elvis, it's okay to download his music and use it, because it is over a certain amount of years old, and he's dead.  But Elvis, he was good, but he's getting kind of outdated, and doesn't apply to a lot of situations.  Then uncopyrighted music, most of the time sucks, or isn't as entertaining, because people don't really know it.  It's hard to find a good uncopyrighted song.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
19-04-2009, 03:11 PM
i think it is definitely unacceptable to steel someone video to use it to a song and you tube tries to control it but as u can imagine its hard... but no your right everyone should ask to take a video before they use it on there on videos

[Image: AMGD.gif]
[Image: ByoN.gif]
[Image: GGsA.gif]
[Image: GKmV.gif]
<br /> Clicky clicky<br /><br />[Image: ibb.png]
[Image: render_girl-1-1.png]
[Image: 6-1.png]
[Image: Sims3Nieuws045-1.png]
<br />Bambi Buttons now available in Blue Smile
19-04-2009, 04:14 PM
(19-04-2009 09:57 AM)Cassie ㋡ link Wrote:Well, YouTube never used to be THIS controling... in the good old days you could do whatever you liked, no 'you can't view this because you're not in a certain country' crap, or audio swapping etc etc. So freaking annoying. I'd love to abandoned YT but I can't. Tongue

Well, in the "good old days", YouTube had no partnership program, which meant no YouTuber was making money for their videos, which meant it didn't really matter if there was copyrighted things in your video. Also, it was owned by a multi-million dollar company (Google). Wink

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
19-04-2009, 05:27 PM
(19-04-2009 01:46 PM)PiplupIsDaCutest! link Wrote:[quote author=ZeVision link=topic=5748.msg214701#msg214701 date=1240139745]
The idea that anybody who buys CDs is a spoiled brat hurts my feelings. I buy CDs because I think they have nice sound quality, and I think they generally have the price of what they're worth, and I don't believe in downloading illegally. Does that make me a spoiled brat?

I can't help it that I like things to be the good old-fashioned way. Sheesh.

If I was referring to everyone like that as a spoiled brat, I would had said everyone.  The topic of the sentence was my cousin, and spoiled brat is the adjective that describes my cousin.  But I'll try to watch how I say something next time.  It's how we talk in the area I live. 

I'm sure most people had called someone doing an everyday thing something, but was not referring to everyone in the same group.[/quote]

Okay, that's alright. Sorry if I overreacted.

(19-04-2009 01:46 PM) Wrote:[quote author=ZeVision link=topic=5748.msg214705#msg214705 date=1240140057]
And no true musician is in it solely for the money, I don't think. I want to be a musician because music is what I love and what makes me the person I am. I don't care for heaploads of cash and a huge mansion in the s****y part of London etc etc.

I'm glad that there are still groups like that today, but I believe not many.  For example, let's take artists like Kanye West and Evanescence, every time I read an article about copyright, like using music for non-distributive purposes, they are always saying something in the article.  They are really talented groups, and they were mentioned in some article about Youtube, they just need to shove it, talking about they need to pay or get permission from them.  They don't care what we have to say, they are just in it for the money.  They'll delete our little email or throw away our letter.

What people needs to do is just stop posting videos on Youtube...do a protest...there are many other video sharing sites out there, though not as big and great as Youtube, but once they realize they are losing money, they will change.

They want us to use uncopyrighted music, or very old music, like let's say Elvis, it's okay to download his music and use it, because it is over a certain amount of years old, and he's dead.  But Elvis, he was good, but he's getting kind of outdated, and doesn't apply to a lot of situations.  Then uncopyrighted music, most of the time sucks, or isn't as entertaining, because people don't really know it.  It's hard to find a good uncopyrighted song.
[/quote]

I see what you mean, not many people are in it for the sheer musicianship anymore. There are are artists like that, but they are in the minority at this stage.

And as you say, the stuff that's copyright has expired is getting a bit old (even by my standards xD), and nearly everything new immediately is coated with copyright. It's a pity, indeed.

And what YouTube is doing is wrong... Uploading those videos isn't in breach of copyright, all that copyright prevents is putting it up for download, or making people pay to listen to it and giving all the profit directly to oneself or somebody who is not affiliated  with the copyright holder(s), I think.

[center]Maybe if I stare at you slantways it will make me giggle.[/center]
19-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Right, we can do anything to our copy of the copyrighted material as long as it isn`t illegal.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
19-04-2009, 09:59 PM
but its common courtesy to ask first ya no

[Image: AMGD.gif]
[Image: ByoN.gif]
[Image: GGsA.gif]
[Image: GKmV.gif]
<br /> Clicky clicky<br /><br />[Image: ibb.png]
[Image: render_girl-1-1.png]
[Image: 6-1.png]
[Image: Sims3Nieuws045-1.png]
<br />Bambi Buttons now available in Blue Smile
19-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Of course it is, but who would take the time 2 listen to you.  I bet if someone did email an artist and try 2 get permission, they wouldn't take the time 2 read it or reply.  These artists don't take us seriously enough.