Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 3 leaked
19-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Re: The Sims 3 leaked
You can also download the game, and play it for a while to see how it is. And, when he comes out, you can delete the downloaded version, and then buy the original version. So that you'll support EA and that you are able to use the downloadable content... Haha. Tongue

-'BlondBimbo

[center] [color=pink]Click here to visit my Flickr-account![/center]<br /><br />[center][Image: 4551831341_6aed0dc01d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4117563128_9c3c280b5d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4450527842_a3542a1668_s.jpg]
[Image: 4502276389_3bd7c60509_s.jpg]
[Image: 4412261932_ee7ddeaa85_s.jpg]
<br /><br />[color=pink]Follow me on Twitter: <br />[b]@MelissaDTH<br />@Amirightband[/center]
19-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, that's true too.  Some people who downloaded it, that I read of, really haven't played the Sims at all or for a long time, and don't want to risk blowing 50 bucks on a game, so they want to try it out. (And I do get those people, because I felt ripped off on games that were overhyped in the past, like Spore and wished there was a demo of it) ***Spore Creature Creator does not count as a real demo for Spore.

But most people who download it just to try it out to avoid blowing their hard earned money will usually end up keeping the illegal copy, instead of buying the game.

But there are those people that just don't care and won't pay, they want to save money or make money off it.

But since I know what The Sims is already like and I'd grown a liking to it, I'll just wait a extra two weeks or so...I doubt it will blow.

(I'm indifferent when it comes to pirating...some stuff is overpriced..like movies and those 600 dollar software programs..., but in this situation, EA deserves the money for their hard work, and it would feel more special for me to buy it since I been waiting for a year...also, it's worth avoiding the hassle of unplugging the internet and not getting the benefits of a legit copy)

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
19-05-2009, 05:23 PM
I've never been one to pirate The Sims, I'm pretty scared of torrents and the viruses they can carry. I'd rather just buy a new game, out of the box that I KNOW is clean of any nasties.

Plus, where's the fun in downloading a leaked game that you can't even REALLY show off for fear of getting busted? I also think the anxiety for the coming two weeks is really fun, if I had the game now I'd be like 'oh'...
19-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I'll buy the game and support EA 100% and make sure the game sells like hot cakes.
BUT I'm considering downloading just in the mean time 'till the game comes out... =\

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
19-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I waiting to get mine..I really want Rivewview. Only two more weeks. I was very dissapointed when i heard that it got leaked and then people were posting videos of them playing the game on youtube. I'm glad that all of them are removed.

**Tenicia**<br /><br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
19-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I just checked a warez site a while ago and I was shocked that there are tons of links there! {no}

The Sims 2 = The Sims 3<br /><br />They're both good...
19-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I'd try and download it, but I have no idea how to even try and do that past downloading a torrent. After that I'm lost.
19-05-2009, 08:21 PM
My cousin said that he has it now.  I am so tempted to go over there, but by knowing me, I would go over there anyways.

He said he's gonna buy the game, he just couldn't wait anymore...we college students been out of school for a few days now, and sitting around each other houses or our own houses bored.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
19-05-2009, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2009 08:46 PM by sims3luva22.)
I've been raving about this game since I first heard they were doing a new installment on it. I've been a fan of the sims 3 since I was around 14 or so (I'm 24 now hehe) and as hard as it is to NOT go on those sites and download the pirated game, it would be very wrong so I guess I'll just suck it up and wait. 2 weeks is nothing and the more anticipation, the better! Now, I'm not going to say I won't be salivating over all of the pics people have posted but that's as fas as I'll go.

As much as we dislike EA half the time...this new team has done a great job at re-building a game that we covet so much and making it into something awesome. We've all come so far together and it's crazy that something like pirating can get between our actual goal. I have the strength to wait and see that when the right time comes. ON JUNE 2nd BABY WHOOT!

I got this source from computersandvideogames.com:

"It wouldn't be the first time EA has run into such troubles. Spore was reportedly illegally downloaded some 1.7 million times during the last three months of 2008, making it the most pirated title of last year."

And on that site, tons of players said they've tried it. As much as I want to, if I did download it, I would be betraying everyone, not to mention I would loose all of my families (2 weeks time) and be tempted to cancel my pre-order most likely.......

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
19-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I am gutted to be truthful...
I'd never thought that so many people would openly steal a game that wasn't even launched yet only because they want to "try out" or they can't wait for the official release. And it is still stealing, no matter for what reason they download the leaked version.  {no} Would serve em right if they end up with a nasty virus. It hurts me deeply that EA could have been right and such aggressive copy protection as SecuRom is really necessary. We, the gamers community, had them convinced that there's no need for this.

And now this...  Sad It's just sad. Thanks. That kinda ruined everything for me. Because I know exactly that the next expansion pack is going to be released with a strong copy protection like SecuRom, and that is going to be much more inconvenient for all of us. Thank you so much folks. You really couldn't wait those two weeks?  >:-(

Cross the wounded Galaxies
Thread Closed