• 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 3 leaked
19-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Re: The Sims 3 leaked
I actually kinda feel sorry for EA. Never thought I'd say that. {blink}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
19-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I really don't feel sorry for big companies with billions of dollars.  I don't feel sorry for EA, I feel sorry for The Sims team. 

For those who don't know, EA makes many other games too.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
20-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Okay...so, reading through this I sort of got...well...I mean, come on people. Do you honestly think that EA is going to suffer at ALL from the people that are downloading this game? Not to meantion that most of the people downloading it have already pre-ordered it. I don't necessarily agree with downloading games either, but to sit there and say how sorry you feel for the company, especially one as big and successful as EA, I don't know - to me, just seems silly.

In a situation like this where we were given a false release date (that in my opinion was planned from the very start) and the game happened to get leaked, if you already bought a copy or are planning on it - I dunno. I think it's your choice. It's out there, why not see if it even runs on your computer or whatever. I'm personally going to wait until it comes out (I need to clean my hard-drive up a bit) but I've read a few places where people just didn't know how it would run and downloaded it simply to prevent themselves from blowing $50, as companies like EA do not accept returns based on your computer's performance.

I mean, think what you want about downloading games, and yes it is wrong, but I personally think it's a bit much to sit there and say "Oh, poor EA" - especially since The Sims franchise has sold millions of copies! Just an opinion.
20-05-2009, 12:44 AM
(20-05-2009 12:23 AM)samerz816 link Wrote:Okay...so, reading through this I sort of got...well...I mean, come on people. Do you honestly think that EA is going to suffer at ALL from the people that are downloading this game? Not to meantion that most of the people downloading it have already pre-ordered it. I don't necessarily agree with downloading games either, but to sit there and say how sorry you feel for the company, especially one as big and successful as EA, I don't know - to me, just seems silly.

In a situation like this where we were given a false release date (that in my opinion was planned from the very start) and the game happened to get leaked, if you already bought a copy or are planning on it - I dunno. I think it's your choice. It's out there, why not see if it even runs on your computer or whatever. I'm personally going to wait until it comes out (I need to clean my hard-drive up a bit) but I've read a few places where people just didn't know how it would run and downloaded it simply to prevent themselves from blowing $50, as companies like EA do not accept returns based on your computer's performance.

I mean, think what you want about downloading games, and yes it is wrong, but I personally think it's a bit much to sit there and say "Oh, poor EA" - especially since The Sims franchise has sold millions of copies! Just an opinion.

Thats how I feel. I ju st want to know will it work on my PC before I buy it.
20-05-2009, 01:16 AM
man they removed the videos of it?? dang it i wanted to see some of em.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
20-05-2009, 01:20 AM
i don't think its a big deal really since it so close to being released. if it got leaked 3 months ago then it might be. no one would probably buy it then lol
20-05-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm watching some videos! This game is so amazing, I can't wait.

I could easily download it, but I don't want to!
20-05-2009, 01:53 AM
(20-05-2009 12:23 AM)samerz816 link Wrote:Okay...so, reading through this I sort of got...well...I mean, come on people. Do you honestly think that EA is going to suffer at ALL from the people that are downloading this game? Not to meantion that most of the people downloading it have already pre-ordered it. I don't necessarily agree with downloading games either, but to sit there and say how sorry you feel for the company, especially one as big and successful as EA, I don't know - to me, just seems silly.

I don't care how big of a company they are, stealing iS stealing. From what you imply it sounds like that if I steal something from a big franchise store it's not as bad as stealing from a small store. I do feel bad for The Sims Team they worked really hard on this game. Even if they only use a little bit of money they still have a mess to clean up. A lot of things have been leaked about The Sims 3. They trusted us by making The Sims DRM-free and look at we did. That's just my opinion, I don't many to cause a fire.

[center]8 M0RE DAYS UNTiL TS3![br]25 M0RE DAYS UNTiL SCH00L iS 0UT![/center]
20-05-2009, 02:34 AM
(20-05-2009 01:53 AM)KATRiNA(: link Wrote:I don't care how big of a company they are, stealing iS stealing. From what you imply it sounds like that if I steal something from a big franchise store it's not as bad as stealing from a small store. I do feel bad for The Sims Team they worked really hard on this game. Even if they only use a little bit of money they still have a mess to clean up. A lot of things have been leaked about The Sims 3. They trusted us by making The Sims DRM-free and look at we did. That's just my opinion, I don't many to cause a fire.

I just read somewhere that a lot of people suspect EA for purposly leaking the game to have a bunch of publicity about the "scandel" to further promote sales. I wouldn't put it past them - yes, The Sims Team is a great group of people and they have worked incredibly hard, but EA is simply a corporation that only cares about themselves and their profits. Delaying the game the way they did to simply increase the hype...yeah, I wouldn't put it past them that THEY are the ones responsible for the game being leaked.

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/05/18/sims-3-leaked
20-05-2009, 02:49 AM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=6128.msg240397#msg240397 date=1242750625]
I'll buy the game and support EA 100% and make sure the game sells like hot cakes.
BUT I'm considering downloading just in the mean time 'till the game comes out... =\
you got a new rank cassie!
i agree i am going to download it and buy it...
I sware really lol nah jk i am though

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
Thread Closed