Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back to TS2?
16-08-2009, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2009 03:50 AM by heather.)
Re: Back to TS2?
I know exactly what you mean. I like to drop into each home and improve their homes. It was easy to do it in Sims 2.
But now if your sim has gained the ability to plant cheese and eggs, when you return to the house they have lost the ability (EDIT: fixed in the last patch maybe, as this now works). And I get bored playing the same sims all the time.  {unsure}
Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2009, 07:01 PM
See, I get really bored making/designing houses. It's just never amused me, I see it more of a chore as opposed to fun, whereas some people are complete opposite to that. When I played TS2 [this is not so true in TS3] I enjoyed making Sims SO much, yet some people hate it. But I guess that is a good thing about the franchise, it attracts people for varying reasons.

In TS3 the CASt, while handy at times, it makes building homes so much lengthier a task than it used/needs to be. For me, at least. :\

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-08-2009, 12:02 AM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=7030.msg263295#msg263295 date=1250532092]
See, I get really bored making/designing houses. It's just never amused me, I see it more of a chore as opposed to fun, whereas some people are complete opposite to that. When I played TS2 [this is not so true in TS3] I enjoyed making Sims SO much, yet some people hate it. But I guess that is a good thing about the franchise, it attracts people for varying reasons.

In TS3 the CASt, while handy at times, it makes building homes so much lengthier a task than it used/needs to be. For me, at least. :\

{agree}

[Image: 29133088.jpg]
<br /><br />Yeah, the friends that stuck together. We wrote our names in blood.
18-08-2009, 02:49 AM
I love the sims 3 building I don't like it since it does feel like a chore but I feel good about myself if it comes out alright and not a box xD.
As far as CAS goes I love it but when I'm trying to make several families there's so many options that it takes FOREVER . Although I'd have it the way it is than a worse way

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
19-08-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm thinking with TS3 EA got slightly carried away with how much you are free to customise. There's so many options in CAS that it baffles even me sometimes, and I feel more uncomfortable making Sims compared to using the TS2 CAS/Bodyshop. And then the CASt - choosing textures for each piece of an item, then the colours and patterns etc, it's enough to drive anyone berserk. I use it on random items but generally I don't go crazy on the CASt because it takes up way too much time.

20-08-2009, 03:09 AM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=7030.msg263675#msg263675 date=1250673889]
I'm thinking with TS3 EA got slightly carried away with how much you are free to customise. There's so many options in CAS that it baffles even me sometimes, and I feel more uncomfortable making Sims compared to using the TS2 CAS/Bodyshop. And then the CASt - choosing textures for each piece of an item, then the colours and patterns etc, it's enough to drive anyone berserk. I use it on random items but generally I don't go crazy on the CASt because it takes up way too much time.

I have to agree with you there. There is just SO many choices. I usually just stick to the default unless if I'm making something match. Because I mean, FIRST you need to think of a theme. THEN find textures and patterns to mix it. THEN find a common color among all of them, out of all the colors of the rainbow, all hues and shades.

Yikes.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
22-08-2009, 03:15 AM
(08-08-2009 11:39 AM)Pablo. link Wrote:Is anyone else finding The Sims 3 extremely boring.
I try to play it but I just start the game up then after 5 minutes of playing i just exit it...
I'm installing The Sims 2 as I'm writing this because I find it more fulfilling and entertaining.
But does anyone else feel like this too..?  Sad

I had this feeling too. I play The Sims 2 more than The Sims 3 as the patch of The Sims 3 ruined my game.

The Sims 2 = The Sims 3<br /><br />They're both good...
23-08-2009, 06:03 AM
i definitley agree with pablo aprt from better graphics differnent families annd a few new things ts3 is exactly like ts2 which i am reeaaaly disappointed with it they made us wait SO long thinking it was going to be unbelievably better,and then we get given ts3 and as someone said earlier after 5 mins i juse exit!!and "no loading screens?" i believe that when the little blue box with the plumbob in it does mean that its a loading screen so it does load.

and does this happen to anyone else?:after a while of playing the screen suddenly goes a shade darker??

I speak simlish!:)Do you..........................?
23-08-2009, 09:04 PM
(20-08-2009 03:09 AM)Phoebe link Wrote:[quote author=Cassie Grint ;] link=topic=7030.msg263675#msg263675 date=1250673889]

I have to agree with you there. There is just SO many choices. I usually just stick to the default unless if I'm making something match. Because I mean, FIRST you need to think of a theme. THEN find textures and patterns to mix it. THEN find a common color among all of them, out of all the colors of the rainbow, all hues and shades.

Yikes.
[/quote]

I like how EA did that. You don't have to make everything match, it's just an option.
You don't have to mess with all the settings in CAS, it's just for those people who enjoy making sims.
I love being able to make them exactly like I want them to look. I like the skin shades and I love how I don't have to download CC for the sims to look decent. I love how we can change the hair colors completely. The graphics are amazing compared to TS2. But then again, I never got into TS2. I just got bored with it. I love the building in TS3. I wasn't able to build a decent house in TS2, and now things are easier to mess with. I love the buy/build mode. Like how they have like a refridgerator, and then once you click it, it gives you all of them. It's a lot more organized.
But once again, I never got into TS2, and so for you guys to say you prefer TS2, to me it sounds crazy xD

(23-08-2009 06:03 AM)HannaBanana123 link Wrote:i definitley agree with pablo aprt from better graphics differnent families annd a few new things ts3 is exactly like ts2 which i am reeaaaly disappointed with it they made us wait SO long thinking it was going to be unbelievably better,and then we get given ts3 and as someone said earlier after 5 mins i juse exit!!and "no loading screens?" i believe that when the little blue box with the plumbob in it does mean that its a loading screen so it does load.

and does this happen to anyone else?:after a while of playing the screen suddenly goes a shade darker??

And yes, the screen getting darker did happen to me, but only when I have it in full screen mode.
Try making it windowed.

Carstairsrandomlegacy.wordpress.com - A Random Legacy
23-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Whoops, don't get me wrong, I like that EA are trying to open up and give us more choice. Tongue
I just think it's slightly too much. People want to take advantage of the new game and use the new tools, but for a lot of people they're a bit much. There's nothing wrong with it though.. The CAS is okay. I just think I'm uncomfortable because it's still new and I haven't made that many Sims recently. I really don't know if I like the CASt though, it's a bit annoying how swatches take a while to load and too much faff for me. I'll just use it for changing colours mostly. :]

I got really into TS3 but I don't prefer it. I don't even prefer TS2. I like them both for different reasons, and dislike them for differing reasons too. They're equally as fun in their own ways.