Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sick of it
29-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Re: sick of it
Yes, but you also have to take into account the girls maturity level as well.

Not all girls are at the same level of maturity, and you also have to take into account Religious aspects too.  Not all religions are okay with their children dating before a certain age.

Personally, when I have kids I plan to start the talk with them young.  Like 12 or 13. My fiance and I have also decided that when she starts having her monthly, she's going on the pill, provided the doctors are okay with it.  Not because we don't trust our kids, but because we don't trust OTHER peoples kids and sexual predators.  The world isn't as safe as it used to be, and even then it wasn't as safe as we thought it was.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2009, 02:14 AM
yes thats very true
it depends on the kind of family and culture of the family
i know that there are people that r sexual predators and other jerks who take advantage and rapists

yes i agree that you should start educating your kids at an acceptable age
but i think that maybe the more they learn, the more they might have interest in having sexual intercourse, maybe
29-09-2009, 02:29 AM
It's a hard topic.  You don't want to wait too long, but you don't want to start too early.  I believe for girls, you should start educating them as soon as they start maturing (when they begin their monthly cycles) and for boys ... well, I'm not a boy, I'll let Sean handle that if we have a son x3  He'll know better than me when to start talking to him.

Girls need to know there are boys and even grown men out there who will try to take advantage of them, sadly the only thing we can do is hope for the best that our kids are smart enough to know who to trust and who to stay away from whenever possible.  But like said, there is rape too.  And that's my biggest concern and reason for wanting to put my kid on birth control as soon as she's old enough to be on it.

With the internet, and TV as the two key influences these days, kids are hearing about it more and more before they need to be learning about it at all, and they aren't learning it properly when they do.  Now, I think it's great that schools want to get involved and teach them the more complex and technical aspects of sexual education, but parents just can't leave it to them alone.  And that's what too many do.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
29-09-2009, 04:33 AM
there is just so much to talk about it and it is a very touchy topic
you are right, children r learning about relationships on tv
and tv is not a good influence
it can rush kids to have relationships at a young age