Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register


Thread Closed 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Harry Potter Official Thread
01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Post: #41
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
{wacko}

If this is how it's going to be, maybe I should reconsider things... XD

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
01-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Post: #42
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Noooo! Don't let our craziness drive you away!

We'll calm down, I promise. We should really take our obsessive discussions to a forum of our own. Or at least save it for PMs and MSN. XD

Edit: So are you going to be sneaky and read the books/watch the movies with us? Smile

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Post: #43
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
(01-04-2009 08:49 PM)Bambikins link Wrote:Edit: So are you going to be sneaky and read the books/watch the movies with us? Smile

For now I think I can at least commit to the movies. Then, maybe if the movies interest me enough, I'll read the books... XD

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
01-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Post: #44
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Jeremiah, never judge these amazing books by their movies! Sure, the movies are brilliant, but not a patch on the books. Wink

Bambi, I've been so excited to read your reply! I've just skimmed through it all now - I can seriously see us turning this thread into a novel eventually, with the length of the posts. I'll definitely be replying to your epicness, though I don't have time today, definitely tomorrow. =]

I'm looking forward to Monday, and the start of our rereading. I really am just psyched. Though we'll need to put a little more planning into it, but I'm waiting for Brad to get back before we start deciding how it's happening. Let's just hope things work out this time. Smile

By the way, did you have a go at the Sorting, Bambi? I'm interested to know what you got. So far, I know I got Gryffindor, Jeremiah got the 'Puff house, and Niall got Ravenclaw! Woot, everyone has a different house so far.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
01-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Post: #45
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
(01-04-2009 09:03 PM)SmartPriceLightBulb link Wrote:Jeremiah, never judge these amazing books by their movies! Sure, the movies are brilliant, but not a patch on the books. Wink

Agreed 1000 times! Smile (Except for the wink, as I'm not allowed. XD)

dateline= Wrote:Bambi, I've been so excited to read your reply! I've just skimmed through it all now - I can seriously see us turning this thread into a novel eventually, with the length of the posts. I'll definitely be replying to your epicness, though I don't have time today, definitely tomorrow. =]

Oh, it'll happen. There's no doubt about that. Yay, I can't wait for your epic reply! XD

dateline= Wrote:I'm looking forward to Monday, and the start of our rereading. I really am just psyched. Though we'll need to put a little more planning into it, but I'm waiting for Brad to get back before we start deciding how it's happening. Let's just hope things work out this time. Smile

Indeed. {yes} Anyone know exactly when he planned on coming back? I think he told me the weekend, but that could mean Saturday or Sunday...or even Friday, for that matter.

dateline= Wrote:By the way, did you have a go at the Sorting, Bambi? I'm interested to know what you got. So far, I know I got Gryffindor, Jeremiah got the 'Puff house, and Niall got Ravenclaw! Woot, everyone has a different house so far.

Haha, funny story about that. I ended up getting the same amount of points for Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Though the image displayed on the results page was Gryffindor, but I don't know if that means anything or not. I'll try it again, reading the answers a little more carefully this time and whatnot, and let you know the final answer after that. Smile

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Post: #46
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
About the points - ha, I know, I got 12 points for Gryffindor and 11 for Slytherin, I was like 'darn, one away'. {rolleyes}
I'll probably redo it as well, just to be totally sure. Heck, I might even find a couple other Sortings and see if they yield the same results. I want to get Slytherin, even though I know that means I'm a meanie, because generally you have to answer questions negatively to receive that house.. but ah well.

Hopefully Brad will be back Friday or Saturday, we could even start reading this weekend if so. Smile

By the way, not sure if I should be doing this, but, I put Harry Potter & the Philosopher Stone on in the background, randomly [I'm not actually watching it, but... listening to it =S]. Trust me, I won't start doing ANY analysing yet, I'm saving that for our pre-HBP marathon! I just felt the urge to, well, listen to HP. {rolleyes}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Post: #47
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Gryffindor - 15
Ravenclaw- 13
Hufflepuff - 9
Slytherin - 7

;DD

I'll definately join the re-reading session if that's alright with you guys! Also; when are we going to aim to complete reading the first book? Just so I know, and i'm not behind Wink

Oh yes, and Cassie, I love the idea of a book club sort of thing on SF! It encourages us all to read together, discuss maturely, and to drool over sexy guys like Rupert Big Grin
01-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Post: #48
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Yay Rena! Both on getting Gryffindor and on joining us! XD

I think we're planning on starting the first book on Monday, then reading 3-5 chapters a week from then on (correct me if I'm wrong, Cassie). Sound good to you?

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Post: #49
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Of course! I'll probably read ahead, but i'll make sure I don't Wink
Books like Harry Potter, I just get so into, you know what I mean? XD
01-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Post: #50
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Haha, of course I do! Smile I think that's part of the reason we didn't succeed at this the first time. XD

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Thread Closed 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)