Login:
or Register
|
The Harry Potter Official Thread
|
|
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Post: #51
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
WOOT! YAY Rena! And fellow Gryffindorian! {woot}
So there is Bambi, Rena, Brad and myself at the moment. And yep, I was thinking 3-5 chapters a week but it's not up to me. I only suggested that as it seemed a fair enough amount of chapters to read in a week for people who might not read quite so fast as some of us do. I mean, if Brad is a quick reader, we could easily get through a few more chapters a week if we all wanted, but I don't want to go overboard, or we'll get chapters mixed up/have too much information in our noggins at once to separately discuss chapters, you know? I dunno, it's up to you guys, whatever you want to do.
![]() |
|||
|
01-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Post: #52
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
I'm sure we could read a little faster than 3-5 pages a week, but if we're planning on discussing along the way, maybe we should keep the reading relatively light so we have more time to share ideas and such? Just a thought.
[center] <br /> <br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD |
|||
|
01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Post: #53
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Most of us are on here every night, so maybe we could just read a chapter per-night... although of course, if there's a night when you're not online, you'll mis a chapter discussion, though that depends on how much that would matter to you personally. =\
Well, maybe we should read at least 5 chapters a week, that'll speed things up. ![]() |
|||
|
02-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Post: #54
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Whoa, y'all love saying a lot of stuff xD Unfortunately I couldn't read it all on this tiny computer o_o
ANYHOW, I'll join you for re-reading of the books. 3 chapters is easy compared to all of the college reading that needs to be done. Just please send me PMs/IMs/Emails ANYTHING, because I'm not likely to check this thread. This weekend I'll get myself sorted (haha xD) and I'll find my copies <3 Let the reading fest begin! [center]<br />âBe vewy, vewy quiet. Weâre hunting demons.â<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center] |
|||
|
02-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Post: #55
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
I'll hop on board once you start the movie marathon XD
[center] (08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*[/center]<br />[center] (03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />[/center]<br />[center] (26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great?[/center]<br />[center] (24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center] ![]() [/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center] |
|||
|
02-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Post: #56
|
|||
|
|||
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
(02-04-2009 05:49 AM)Phoebe link Wrote:Whoa, y'all love saying a lot of stuff xD Unfortunately I couldn't read it all on this tiny computer o_o We'll probably be reading around 5 [possibly a couple more] chapters a week now, though we haven't fully established it yet - we're waiting for Brad to come back so he can have his say too. How many chapters would you be comfortable with getting through per week? Same question to Rena & Brad if they read this. ANYhoo, WOOT WOOT! {woot} Wow, originally I thought there'd just be a couple of us wanting to have a read-fest, but now's there's FIVE! That's pretty astonishing. Thanks for joining in, Phoebe!
![]() |
|||
|
03-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Post: #57
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
i don't really have time for the reading thing, but i might try to read a little under 5 chapters a week. 3, at the most. anyway, i did the sorting and these are my results:
Ravenclaw - 11 Slytherin - 11 Gryffindor - 9 Hufflepuff - 8 [center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile! |
|||
|
03-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Post: #58
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
I am a Harry Potter fanatic as well and i too have taken the test heaps of times. i got Gryffindor!! {clap} although green is my favourite colour. I think its great that im not the only one thats LOVES the harry potter series! i will defiantley join in on the reading if thats ok {blush}.
[center] ![]() [/center] |
|||
|
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Post: #59
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Wow, this is getting popular!
So far... 1) Bambi 2) Brad 3) Rena 4) Phoebe 5) Saminsim 6) Myself ... are all rereading, as far as I recall! I think it starts on Monday, guys, but keep checking back to make sure. Eeeep! *is excited* And now, I need to reply to Bambi's epic postness which I promised I would respond to yesterday and have yet to do so. {rolleyes} PS: Saminsim, that's soo similar to many of us on here actually! Lots of Harry Potter fans. And way too many of us adore green, haha.
![]() |
|||
|
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Post: #60
|
|||
|
|||
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
dateline= Wrote:Aw, thatâs really cool. It's the film I've seen the least of too. The film I've definitely watched the most is POA. I couldn't place a finger on the rest, I think they're pretty much all equal. Though I've seen the films so many times now... I can recite them word for word. {rolleyes} dateline= Wrote:Honestly, I bet Iâd be in âThe Puff Houseâ (hehe) as well. Either that or Ravenclaw, though I donât consider myself to be so wise. No matter, weâd make Hufflepuff the new Gryffindor, right? XD I'm definitely not wise enough for Ravenclaw, though after Slytherin I think it'd be my second choice. The problem with Slytherin is, everyone always assumes that if you're in Slytherin, you must be a bad guy. I don't think that's true. I just think the majority of trouble-makers reside in that house, but that doesn't mean they're all bad. Sure, they may be more sneaky and sly than most other students but that doesn't make you a bad person. Plus, they wear green, it automatically makes them superior. When I was younger, I always wanted to be in Gryffindor, but I remember thinking Draco [Tom] was very attractive in the second film and switching to being a Slytherin addict. I was like 9 or 10 at this time so I was easily swayed anyhoo. Though ever since then my heart has lways kind of belonged with Slytherin. <3 dateline= Wrote:It was a very long discussion, indeed, in which we agreed on just about everything, if not everything. Yep, the good old Faith Hook. Iâd imagine itâs slow goings right now, but itâll pick up soon once sheâs that decent break from HP she keeps rambling about Roll Eyes You know, as cliche as it may sound, I do hope she carries on the legacy and uses the Faith Hook to perhaps tell us the story of the brand new trio, Albus Severus [still cracks me up to this day], Rose & Scorpius. I hope Albus got sorted into Gryffindor, Rose into Ravenclaw [she inherited her mother's brains after all], and Scorpius into Slytherin, then they'd all be from varying houses but still best friends. Personally I've always been a Rose/Scorpius shipper, I think they'd be AMAZINGLY cute together [even though we don't know these characters at all, haha] and the epilogue totally foreshadowed a relationship there. Some random R/S fanarts.. http://keerakeera.deviantart.com/art/HP-...s-89681355 http://keerakeera.deviantart.com/art/Sco...-108816887 [Wanted to post the images into the post, but they wouldn't show up..] Okay, getting carried away... {unsure} {rolleyes} dateline= Wrote:Letâs hope itâs only 15 minutes. I really, really just want it to fade into the past now. Iâm pretty much done with all this Twilight nonsense, and the series has beenâ¦well, I wouldnât really say ruined, but Iâm having a MUCH harder time enjoying it than I use to because of all the fuss thatâs been made about it. Poor HPâ¦it truly deserves the title, no matter what a bunch of kids think. With the KCA'S though... it's a bunch of tweens who are voting [though I admit I voted myself...] so I don't take it to heart so much. I think it takes an older person to appreciate the diversity and superiority of HP, really. Besides... there's been no HP buzz for two years... and during that time, Twilight took centre stage, but it'll be HP's time to shine again soon enough. dateline= Wrote:They were completely and utterly adorable. Haha, I remember loving Rupert so much in the first movies (not quite the way you do, Cassie, Iâm just saying he was 100% lovable and, as you said, adorkable). And, though Emmaâs eyebrows were as crazy as ever in those movies, at least she had her bushy hairâ¦which I just realised is discussed more in the next quote, so moving on. XD Oh my goodness... didn't we once have a mega discussion over Emma's crazy eyebrows?! Or am I making this up? I swear we did... Sorry, just had to put that out there. {rolleyes} dateline= Wrote:Completely agreed. We all know Emma has gorgeous hair, but Hermione DOESNâT. The first two films, I think, stayed much closer to the book. Thatâs why they have that special spark about them that the others, quite simply, donât. Although, I suppose itâs too late now to fix things like Emma/Hermioneâs hair, considering itâd be strange to switch back after 3 movies. Ohs wells. I LOVED Ron's Yule Ball setup! His clothing was perfect! I absolutely adored that line he had, ' I look like my Great Aunt Tessie [was it Tessie?]... I SMELL like my Great Aunt Tessie... Murder me, Harry.' And oh, his face was hilarious through the whole thing. And when he sniffed his pits! Gah, don't get me started... {lol} As for Hermione's dress... I remember before the film came out, there were these behind-the-scenes video floating about, and I recall Emma syaing how much she adored the dress and how beautiful it was. I was like, 'no. No Emma. NOT beautiful.' And I know the majority of fans share our opinion, because I do remember everyone was complaining about how hideous the dress was/the colour... it really did nothing for Emma/Hermione. I hope she doesn't wear anything as disasterful[nice word, btw ] at the wedding in DH. Please make Hermione look stunning for once...dateline= Wrote:On another note, itâs APRIL. Meaning weâre just a little more than three months away from HBP! Eep! Nothing will compare to my excitement (and most likely yours as well, Cassie) in the few days leading to and the day of the release of HBP. This actually tops my excitement for TS3. The wait for this film has been EPIC. Longer even than the wait for TS3, which seems endless to me. I can't believe we're finally so close [to both TS3 AND HBP, really], we're definitely going to be rewarded this Summer, after all our waiting. Doesn't the film come out a day earlier in the US than over here in the UK? I'm sure US gets it July 16th and we get it July 17th... though that might have changed? I hope we get it the same day, as that gives us automatic rights to spaz the day before release, and review/talk about the film on the same day, too. ![]() dateline= Wrote:What we could do is make an early, unofficial guess before we reread the series, just in case the official spot is declared before we have a chance to read the 7th book. If it isnât, then once we finish our read-through we can make a more accurate and official prediction. Would that work? That sounds like a great idea. I'm actually going to think about this today and try and post some of my own predictions about where it'll be divided. ![]() dateline= Wrote:Haha, perfect way to put it. And very HP-like. XD Whaaat?! Extended wait?! No! One DAY is hard enough to wait for the second installment, let alone 6 months. And now theyâre saying itâll be 8?! Ohâ¦dear⦠Well, even though those 8 months will be some of the most difficult of our lives, we should at least be thankful we have another movie to anticipate anyway, when you think about it. They didn't HAVE to split the film into two [although it did kind of figure, I mean it's the best way to milk the cash cow...], and in that case, we wouldn't have another three films to look forward to, rather two. So once we'd watched DH part 1, there'd be no Part 2 to look forward to because it was all squeezed into one film. So even though I will be gutted when Part 1 finishes and we have to wait so long for Part 2, I'll be grateful at the same time. ![]() Honestly, I may go into hibernation between the two films anyway, so nobody has to put-up with me. {rolleyes} dateline= Wrote:Oh! I could NEVER forget the Faith Hook! Iâm absolutely certain that we are right about it. She does know what sheâs doing. Now she can sit back and write without all the pressures of fans and publishers and interviews. Then, once HP seems to be on itâs last leg, sheâll bring it back into focus with the announcement of the Faith Hook! Itâll be a complete shock to everyone except us. Yep, yepâ¦itâll happen. {yes} It is going to be HUGE - because I agree, I reckon we should totally speculate the Faith Hook once we've done with the rereading. I would LOVE that. I already did a minor but of speculating earlier, with the whole Albus/Rose/Scorpius trio, as that's what I hope happens the most, though I'm not fussy. I have plenty to say about this actually, so bring it on! dateline= Wrote:Me too, me too, me too! XD Haha, as you said before, epic seems to be our word of choice when describing our posts. We are now considered Epic Posters, not Top Posters. There really should be an award or something for the most epic posters. {rolleyes} Or rather, a psychiatrist link so we can get some help. Okay, I'm done. I tried to keep my replies shorter and missed a couple of things out. Hopefully it's not too epic this time, though. I've yet to press 'Preview' to find out. EDIT: Just previewed it. Nowhere near as bad as last time, I don't think.
![]() |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)



![[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]](http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/xBethany456x/mirandacosgrovecassie.png)

![[Image: m113.gif]](http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/jeremiah_tremblay/m113.gif)
![[Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]](http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/saminsim/CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg)