Login:
or Register
|
SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|
|
09-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Post: #61
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya, I would think that by the time TS3 is released, after hearing a lot of crap about how terrible securom ran on spore, EA would have fixed some major issues with securom. Things tend to get better over time and spore was one of the first to have securom on it so maybe they have worked out some kinks by now.
~ Laura ~<br /><br /> ![]() <br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!! Get Excited!!!<br /><br /> ![]() <br /> ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
|||
|
09-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Post: #62
|
|||
|
|||
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(09-01-2009 01:33 AM)TwilightGal4132 link Wrote:ya, I would think that by the time TS3 is released, after hearing a lot of crap about how terrible securom ran on spore, EA would have fixed some major issues with securom. Things tend to get better over time and spore was one of the first to have securom on it so maybe they have worked out some kinks by now. EA never made Securom (Sony did, And got sued because they put it on disks). Spore was not the first game that had Securom put on it, it has been in Sims games and EP's for Quite awhile. You only have to go to the BBS and read the posts complaining about it. It isn't even necessary, every player will want to register the game to get second neighbourhood. So they will need a bought copy.
|
|||
|
09-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Post: #63
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But not every player is honest. That new neighborhood you get when you register your game is said to be released a few weeks after. That means all the crooks can just download the hoods that we honest simmers registered our games for, they would just have to wait until we load them up is all.
New 17" Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!! |
|||
|
09-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Post: #64
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would we upload our hoods for people to download, especially one we had to purchase a game to get.
As Securom hasn't stopped the game being stolen, I don't know why they bother. Honest people pay for the crooks as always. |
|||
|
09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Post: #65
|
|||
|
|||
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(09-01-2009 01:15 AM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:I am too. I had this problem with Castaway The Sims Stories because I was using an external DVD drive and securom is stupid and didn't understand that. I had to de-install and re-install my DVD drive several times and also had to delete an entry in my registry. I'm still pretty grumpy about that. And that's why, while I'm a wholehearted Sims2 Fan I'm still hesitant to buy the Sims 3 or to even pre-order it -> because I'm still miffed at EA Games for their policy. Well, and it's also the reason why I never bought Spore either. I had ordered it already but cancelled my pre-order when I read how EA Games are handling the complaints about Securom. Well, I guess, I'm just that kind of customer. I never go for cracked games. Simply because I lake to pay for what it's worth. If I think it isn't worth it, I simply don't buy. And I love to hold the original Game Cover and the handbook and everything else in my hands. That feels good. A cracked version wouldn't give me that satisfaction and I'd feel like stealing from hardworking people (the programmers not the managers). But when they (EA Games) try to mistreat me, the honest and paying customer, that's when I say: No thanks. No more. I'm not unforgiving though, so I'll keep an eye on them and their policy towards their Sim community and customers. If they start behaving themselves again, I'll consider buying again. That's my opinion. Have a great Weekend, everybody. Cross the wounded Galaxies |
|||
|
09-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Post: #66
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You too lady anna belle.
Well Heather, they won't have to register their game if they never bought it in the first place. And if they want the new hood as I was saying, they could wait until we upload/share ours with the community and download it from there. Its sad but crooks do what they do. And now with evil traits available they are probably even more pumped up about the game. New 17" Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!! |
|||
|
09-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Post: #67
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Downloading music and videos are one thing, but a game is something I don't understand.
Music--way too overpriced. Like I don't even think a song is worth 99 cents. 100 songs = 100 dollars? Outrageous!!! Plus, everyone I know does it, and on legal websites like download.com, they give you free music downloaders. And I am not paying no rap artist to downgrade women and rap about how horny they are. If I want to hear that, I'll watch Jerry Springer or something. Videos--ain't worth going to the movies anymore. Plus, you can watch any movie online, or go to a legal website, that lets you download youtube videos or from other video hosting sites, put in the link, and download the movie. Movies are $8-$10 per person to see now? Crazy! Games--now games are high, but they provide lots of entertainment. People complain about the price of TS3, saying $50 is too high, though they'll pay for a PS3 game for $60, or they'll buy a $70 pair of jeans. Then it's not even worth downloading a game. My cousin does it, but he also has lots of antivirus software and is a computer tech. When he gets his viruses, which comes very often with games, he knows how to treat them. Majority of the people want to download a game, then their computer is messed up, then they complain to the sharer, when they can't complain, because it's free. It's just not worth downloading a game, when you can easily buy it, virus-free, you can have the serial number, and don't have to worry about any legal action being taken against you. Then about Securom, it is pointless...I hope EA sees that. Someone found out how to get past it, because lookie at Spore! They rather would take it off...no matter what program they make, someone is going to hack it and find a way through it. Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php? |
|||
|
09-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Post: #68
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya, everything costs but I think EA is losing more money off of spore than they would have had they made it without securom. I prefer to get my games as well and I will get TS3 but I hate to think about what will happen if securom messes up my computer. Fortunatley my dad knows how to fix computers pretty well but that doesn't always help. Anyway, despite the cons about securom, I am still going to get TS3 and be extremely happy when I do so!
~ Laura ~<br /><br /> ![]() <br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!! Get Excited!!!<br /><br /> ![]() <br /> ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
|||
|
10-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Post: #69
|
|||
|
|||
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(09-01-2009 08:49 PM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:Then about Securom, it is pointless...I hope EA sees that. Someone found out how to get past it, because lookie at Spore! They rather would take it off...no matter what program they make, someone is going to hack it and find a way through it. You are so right with that. Well, it's not that I don't want EA to be successful with Sims 3 and other games. I do. I think their developers, producers and programmers are putting a whole lot of hard work into these games to make them beautiful for the player and I absolutely appreciate that. That's why I spend money on these games. But I also want to see that EA as a company appreciates and respects its customers. There are always two parties in a partnership. Recently EA was behaving a bit ruthless, inconsiderate and quite rude were Securom was concerned. Although it seems that they are about to realize their mistake. Hey, I can live with a copy protection. I do not need to copy my original games disks and I will not allow anybody else to do that. BUT I do not want to have to activate the game, I do not want a limitation for how often and on how many machines I install the game that I legally purchased and I do not want a Securom version that destroys, extracts or even spies out my very personal data. And I do hope that some day soon somebody at EA is going to understand that. Cross the wounded Galaxies |
|||
|
10-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Post: #70
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: SIMS3 NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They went crazy with Spore...having a limit of 3 installs, then to install it extra times, you have to call and pay for an extra time.
There was no point of spending fifty bucks on that game if that was the case. I have Spore at home, and the first time, I had to uninstall it, because I had to reboot my computer, then the second time, I played it and gotten to the last creature stage in a few hours. That game isn't long at all. It's like WoW. People would pay the money for the game, then $30 a month to play it. I wouldn't. I would't want to pay for a game I bought just to play it. Then EA didn't tell anybody about the install limit, which is a....if I'd gotten to my limit, I would had called them, and wouldn't had paid...because I paid the price of a full game. And so what if someone gets tired of the game and passes it to their friends. That's the buyer's right. It killed me when I had to connect to the internet every time and put in a password and stuff just to play my game. Talking about one CD key and 1 username and password per game. That's why so many people ripped Spore...and that game, I really don't blame them. But with The Sims, it isn't like Spore. They didn't go crazy with that, and they do work hard on their games...that's why I buy them...and secondly, it isn't worth a virus. I think they went crazy with Spore is due to Will Wright..they love him and they probably did that due to him...he isn't even working with The Sims anymore...he may check up on it like once in a blue moon, but he said he is starting other things. Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php? |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)




![[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]](http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/irish_rulz129/buffythevampireslayer.png)
![[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]](https://dragcave.net/image/6Q1Z.gif)
![[Image: 6RHK.gif]](https://dragcave.net/image/6RHK.gif)
![[Image: 04q7.gif]](https://dragcave.net/image/04q7.gif)
![[Image: Rx9p.gif]](https://dragcave.net/image/Rx9p.gif)
![[Image: w2pa.gif]](https://dragcave.net/image/w2pa.gif)
![[Image: ttv4.gif]](https://dragcave.net/image/ttv4.gif)

