Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: Do you think EA would make the Sims intelligent enough in this seamless neighborhood? Do you think they be okay for without our supervision?
Yes, they will make them intelligent enough.
Yes, but they would need some check-ups and supervision.
Probably.
No, there would be more deaths from failed needs, more children taken away and bad job performance.
No, the Sims would dry up their own family trees.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 seamless intelligence
24-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Re: Sims 3 seamless intelligence
(24-04-2008 12:37 PM)Cassie the Green One link Wrote:This is what I'm scared of. I hope their intellegence isn't too overwhelming. I want them to be able to fend for themselves and yes, I do what them to be intelligent, but only to a certain level, or I'm going to be a little creeped out. I don't want them always knowing what's going on in my mind - when I'm trying to kill them, or when I'm purposely trying to get them demoted. Say, Taylor Sim wants to get promoted so when she gets home, she heads to the bookcase to increase a certain skill. But I, on purpose, refuse to let her do so, so she knows she's never going to get promoted because I'm not letting her. I don't want her to start yelling and cursing at me in Simlish... or, maybe I do? That would be quite funny.

Hahahaha, I was saying a while back that it could be like Wizard's Chess - you have to earn the trust of your sims before they'll do what you want (if its different from what they want). Like if its a brand new sim they might not be so keen on diving into a relationship that you've planned out for them. Even though that would be kind of cool, it would totally go away from the point of the sims, so they won't do that.

I've been wondering if EA is exaggerating the intelligence of the sims. Do they actually know you're trying to kill them when you remove the ladder, or do they just think something suspicious is going on?

As far as intelligence, I think the stupid crap that all simmers hate will be fixed (not moving out of the way for another sim, taking out of the way paths etc), and they'll act more realistically all around. I don't think that they'll start encroaching on our territory. But who knows in 5 or so years when AI is even crazier...Sim vs. Human!
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Cassie brought up a good point.

Bell did say that if they dream of something and we promise (or is it if they dream period) and it doesn't happen there will be some reprocussions!

I'm trying to remember if we have to promise or not, I don't think we have to cuz if its not promised it will eventually go away until another dream comes right?

I don't want to be afraid of my sims now lol.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
24-04-2008, 02:47 PM
You have to promise them in order for there to be consequences. I don't really understand the connection between the dreams and promises thing and being afraid of sims. Maybe its because its early over here...
24-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm guessing in terms of being "afraid" as in I'm afraid that if I do promise my sims something and I don't carry it out, that I will have less control over their lives. To me, if you promise someone something, and you don't follow through, they will most likely be upset with you and maybe and unforgiving sim will be forever mad at us the creator (if they do notice us)

I think its the pool ladder comment that was made. If you take it out and they believe you are trying to kill them, they will notice and I don't want my sims to notice me really. They are sims but it may work on my guilty conciousness.

Its just a game, but if I want a certain thing, I don't want my sim to notice all of the plans u have for them, or know that I'm trying to kill them off.

It was first a joke deja but I'm starting to think if they are programmed to really be smart enough to notice things of that nature.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
24-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Ahh okay I get it. I think that the dreams and promises system will probably be very close to the aspiration system. Only this time there aren't set fears. You set the fears when you promise something, because there is a possibility that it won't come true. If it doesn't come true there will just be an angry/sad or whatever moodlet over that sim.

The pool ladder thing kind of freaks me out too, but I'm sure it will come to be exactly the same as when sims yell up at us for food and whatnot...only much less frequent.
24-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I like the Dreams and Promises System, it sounds much more appealing - I never thought much of the Aspiration System from word 'go'.

Does this mean we'll never be able to drown them? I know we have a genius trait, but do we have a stupid trait? Like, really dumb Sims, at least we should be able to drown them. :-\

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
24-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I hated the aspiration system.  It was just something that added more needs to a sim.  They cry and crap if their aspiration is low.  We could probably fulfill their aspirations more, but they were just too needy and whiny. 

I love the dreams and promises system.  Hopefully, we can take back a promise, if we don't feel like it, or if we want them to do something else.

They would probably know that we would drown them, but I think the creators put this in the game due to one of two reasons: 
People who don't know about ladders build their pools and think they don't need ladders. The sims can get in without ladders, but not without.
The creators think the drowning thing is plain mean, and I do too.  I am over-sensitive, so I am afraid to do it. 

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
24-04-2008, 10:04 PM
I take my anger out on my Sims, so a lot of them live some pretty rubbish lives and suffer painful deaths. I live my emotions out through my Sims, and my life and emotions are often pretty dark and sad, so that's how my Sims have to live - only some of them. On most, I give them everything anyone could ever want. Lots of money, a big house, heaps of friends etc. I do get sad when I have to kill them though - sometimes I feel like I've got to know them, even though they are just a bunch of pixels. :Smile

But yes, the Dreams and Promises System is so much better because for one thing, you can just ignore it entirely if you wanted to, and Sims aren't going to start whining and getting mardy. But it's always there when you feel up for the challenge. It isn't, like you said about the Aspiration System, about adding yet more needs to fulfill Smile

24-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah the dreams and and promises sound like fun to me.
I think this time around i will actually like to give my sims what they want because without all their needs in the way i'll have more time to give them what they dream for.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
24-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I love that TS3 is more about living the highs and lows of life rather than going to the toilet before they pee themselves. I can pay so much more attention to details in their lives now, and although I enjoy the micromanagement, their needs went down too quickly, and all I was ever doing was sending them to the bathroom and the fridge. But now that will be in the back of my mind, and I appreciate this.