• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stage Transistion
25-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Re: Stage Transistion
true
so creative cassie
i never woulda thought of that
haha
but i guess you're right it would sort of make it seem like their older.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2008, 02:58 AM
i also want a two elder stages, elders don't really look like elders now.
they need a young elder and an old elder. the one we have right now is too young to be really old and too old to be really young.
old elders need to be more feeble, and young elders need to be more like adults or middle aged. (they don't lode motives and stuff like that faster)

we also need a reason to keep playnig elders. when they grow into elders i think "why keep playing them??? theyre just gonna die soon anyway!"

and what is a tween? i thought they were called preteens? thats what i call them anyway.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
26-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes, two Elder stages would be nice. The younger stage could be similar to what we have now, and the older one could be that they are so old that they generally just sit on the sofa all day, as they do. But I think some elders should still be active and go for jogs etc - not all elders are frail. Some should age better than others.

And I feel the same way with elders, they kind of bore me - there needs to be some sort of option that is only available with elders, and it has to be someting nteresting, something to really make you see the point in them and not get tempted to kill them off.

As for tweens, I'm not sure why people call them that. I say pre-teen too. But it's the same thing, right? So it's all just peachy. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
26-04-2008, 03:38 PM
(26-04-2008 10:09 AM)Randomly Cassie link Wrote:Yes, two Elder stages would be nice. The younger stage could be similar to what we have now, and the older one could be that they are so old that they generally just sit on the sofa all day, as they do. But I think some elders should still be active and go for jogs etc - not all elders are frail. Some should age better than others.

And I feel the same way with elders, they kind of bore me - there needs to be some sort of option that is only available with elders, and it has to be someting nteresting, something to really make you see the point in them and not get tempted to kill them off.

As for tweens, I'm not sure why people call them that. I say pre-teen too. But it's the same thing, right? So it's all just peachy. Smile

Good idea. I was going to post beforehand how I'm not sure that I'd like a later adult stage because then it would probably be old and creepy. I want some of my sims to be healthy as well. I think that there should be three options for aging into late adulthood and then an elder.

Active - Not be all drooping and gross. Still attractive, and has similar mood decay.
Normal - Basically what TS2 had.
Frail - Not too drastic, but more of a bother for other sims. Here's some ideas that could make having elder frail sim in the house super realistic -

Needs help getting up or else it takes a loonnnnng time.
Actions in general take longer.
Visits to the doctor are frequent.
Bladder quite weak.

These sims should not be too frequent. You'd have to be pretty unhealthy as a sim to be one. Even with all the things listed above, they should still be manageable in a household or by themselves.
26-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Excellent ideas! That's exactly what I had in mind while I was thinking of frail Sims - the sort of elders you see where I live. They could walk really slow, or, have to use a walking stick to move around. And they'll generally like to stay indoors, and they could be more prone to catch colds and other illnesses. I also think caring family members will not only help them getting up, but what about help getting them dressed sometimes? I guess they could only do this if they don't stick with the spinning, but still, it's a thought. And the family could generally make them small meals rather than dining at the table - I'm really picturing a really frail Sim who isn't going to enjoy moving around too much.

As for the normal elders, it'd be nice if they more enjoyed the outdoors and the old chit-chat with their elderly neighbours, such as taking the grandchildren to the park and sitting on the benches and having a good old chat with elderly friends. And feeding the ducks with their grandchildren - guess I'm more picturing the Grandparent/Granchild relationshsip here, so I'll stop.

And active elders definitely should leave that droopy walk behind, it's terribly annoyiong. And they should have less wrinkles and healthier skin and bones, so they can still go running and play games with their grandkids. They could, in extreme measures, be even more active than the parents, always out and about and never catching illnesses. And they could live to as late as possible, whereas frail Sims should die at a much earlier period. Whether the elder is frail, normal or active should just depend on how they've done things in their liftetime - whether they frequently worked out and played activities requiring lots of energy, if they tended to be lazy and watch TV all through their life, their diet etc etc.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
28-04-2008, 03:57 AM
gosh elders almost sound fun to lay the way dejadejavu and cassie's ideas take them
i do think that 2 elder stages would be nice..cause then their barely old..and then very old..and thats better than being somewhat old..totally boring and then dying..
i love the ideas of elders being slower as they get older needing help to walk and dress..
they should probably have less appetite too cause elders i know cant eat much at all..
i also think when they are younger elders they should go on walks like i see them do around my house...and love family get togethers..and being read to etc etc..

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]