Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A bit late but...
25-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Re: A bit late but...
I like Julie Garwood (romance) alot.  {yes} {yes}      There is only one of her books I really don't like ???.. the rest I either absolutley LOVE !! or I really like.

I like Amanda Quick too.. there was a triology she put out a couple years ago... I got the first one and hated the girl.. so I didn't buy the next two.

I am also particular to time periods.. I love history so I like those the best. Contempory is good for like James Patterson. I tried Dean Koontz... but I do not like his writing style at all !!  {no} But my mom, brother in law and sister love him.. oh well!
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Oh, Dean Koontz is mad creepy. I only read one of his books (The Bad Place or something like that...) and it was just...weird. So I'm definitely with you on that one. Wink

The others...I can't say I've read much of their material (aside from James Patterson, of course). I'll have to try finding some more of their books, 'cause now you've got me interested. Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
25-05-2008, 04:57 PM
If you go to Julie's website she lists her books and tells you which ones are in a series, there are a few and then there are the singles. The past 7 years she has had to write contemps because she changed publishers... she finally got a NEW historical out last Sept and I was estatic! She did good on her contemps (I read them becuase they are written by her). Now her contemps go in order. She took a couple of family names from her historicals and made stories up about their descendants! She is very quirky, esp in her historicals, and makes me laugh outloud. I think the reason the historicals are slightly more funny is that you have these girls that push the boundaries of what was acceptable back then and it just throws the guys off a bit... lol!!! OMG... I could talk about her characters ALL DAY LONG!!! So I will shut up now.. hehe!

I will tell you though that my favs are Saving Grace (stand alone) and The Gift (part of a series).
25-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Hehe, sounds interesting. Smile I'll definitely have to check it out.

And I think I've heard of Saving Grace...heck, I might have even read it. Wink I'll have to investigate that one.

25-05-2008, 10:48 PM
I may sound slow, but who is this Rupert?

He just isn't popular in my area, and you all are talking about him.  Now I'm interested.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
26-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Rupert is the actor that plays Ron in Harry Potter films. He also did a film Driving Lessons.. it was very good. It took them a while to get it over here and they only showed it limited theaters so I had to wait until it came on DVD and THEN only ONE of my video stores in my town carried it.
26-05-2008, 03:28 AM
Oh, jeez. I've yet to see it. I'll have to try to find it somewhere. Wink

26-05-2008, 04:36 AM
{yes} you should. He did a great job!
26-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I'll take your word for it. Smile

Have you seen any of the things Dan has been in? I've heard that they were all rubbish, so I kind of avoided them.

26-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I have seen my Boy Jack, it was pretty good. I am just not big on WWII but still. I am looking forward to December Boys, the storyline sounds good.