31-08-2008, 05:15 AM
Re: The Sims 3 for mac
Vegetarian
Sweet
Pizza Lover
Good Sense of Humor
Artistic

[Image: 29133088.jpg]
<br /><br />Yeah, the friends that stuck together. We wrote our names in blood.
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2008, 11:08 AM

*THIS IS THE END OF MY POST SO YOU CAN STOP READING NOW*
01-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Eh. I'm not that bothered, tbh. I have a mac and, sure, I'd really like to get Sims 3 next year... but in that amount of time I'd be able to see reviews of it, find out if it's worth spending all my money on it when I have a perfectly good Sims 2 game right here, right now, and also to see if the graphics are that great and if people are going to make custom content.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the game just because there's no CC, but if the graphics aren't great and it's not much different to Sims 2, I'll definitely leave it.

One of my friends said the sims look like cookie dough. Hahahahaha, she has a point.

I love sims 3 all the same, though. It's gonna be expensive... heh. :l

[center][Image: Woo.jpg]
[/center]
02-09-2008, 06:24 AM
lol

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
02-09-2008, 04:19 PM
(27-08-2008 06:28 AM)Julzz link Wrote:there wrong. and illegal .

nonsense.  >:-( this program is not illegal at all. you can buy it on amazon (i wish i could remember the name). are you telling me amazon is selling illegal software? boy we'd better not tell amazon. they'd be pissed.  Wink
this program is a virtual sort of windows platform running on your mac. it has two major advantages. 1) you don't have to make a partition and 2) the program is cheaper than buying windows vista.

but there is also a major set back. this program is darned slow.

i'd suggest a compromise. buy windows XP (microsoft announced to stop selling it, but they have to go on selling it because people don't like vista). xp is more stable, more secure and cheaper than vista. then you make a windows partition with bootcamp, really simple but do make sure to read the installment pdf. and voila you have windows on your mac.

Cross the wounded Galaxies
02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
(28-08-2008 11:03 AM)Julzz link Wrote:Macs Suck for good reasons

1. Unix
2. DDR
3. Share market

thats why sims3 sucks on a mac.

i will never waste 2000 dollers on a crap computer that does what my 600 doller computer does.

.... you guys are getting brain washed on the mac vs pc ads

there just money tricks to make you buy there crappy products.

you should trust me, i am a it Professional

really? the way you tried to brainwash me into changing to windows? you said your macbook doesn't work, graphic card problems and the hard drive crashed too, if i remember correctly. what did your local apple store say? i'm sure they didn't say? got a new one? hey i'm beginning to think you don't even have a macbook. what exactly are you trying to achieve? is this the new microsoft advertising campaign? don't you think you guys are being a bit aggressive with your marketing? hey this a fan message board for the sims.

oh yes you are at it professional. right. that sort of behaviour is so professional, i suggest you familiarize yourself with the messageboard rules. any kind of spamming, trolling or advertising is not tolerated here. thank you and good bye.

03-09-2008, 07:08 AM
as i said i am a Microsoft MPV, not such thing as marketing i do, i use all systems, Leopard,Linux,Windows. i should comment on a mac because i used one. Also I'm not in the marketing business girl.  {glare}
Yes, my mac needed was a video card replacement Smile my hard drive was stuffed with the faulty os tho ....
, also you don't know me in the real life world so how do you call someone with bad behavior online? do you know me ? have you seen me? i don't work for Microsoft ....  i am a MPV.

dateline= Wrote:any kind of spamming, trolling or advertising is not tolerated here. thank you and good bye.

What spam? what advertising ? i never done that, i think you miss read what i said, macs is just a brand like Hp,Dell,Compaq so nothing special about it, and the most expensive computer brand out. im just trying to tell people that stick with something cheaper and does the same thing.
and i don't understand this mac cult business

Cheers Smile

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
03-09-2008, 11:46 AM
(03-09-2008 07:08 AM)Julzz link Wrote:as i said i am a Microsoft MPV, not such thing as marketing i do, i use all systems, Leopard,Linux,Windows. i should comment on a mac because i used one. Also I'm not in the marketing business girl.  {glare}
Yes, my mac needed was a video card replacement Smile my hard drive was stuffed with the faulty os tho ....
, also you don't know me in the real life world so how do you call someone with bad behavior online? do you know me ? have you seen me? i don't work for Microsoft ....  i am a MPV.

Quote:any kind of spamming, trolling or advertising is not tolerated here. thank you and good bye.

What spam? what advertising ? i never done that, i think you miss read what i said, macs is just a brand like Hp,Dell,Compaq so nothing special about it, and the most expensive computer brand out. im just trying to tell people that stick with something cheaper and does the same thing.
and i don't understand this mac cult business

Cheers Smile

sorry, looks like i misunderstood your statement as advertising. please accept my apologies.

but i still disagree about the cheap pc thing. the only pc notebook that i would say can actually compete with my macbook pro would be s 1600 pound sterling acer aspire laptop and that would be only 99 pounds below the price of a macbook pro. OK i admit it the screen would be 17 inch not 15.

but the big disadvantage of the pc is the graphical performance. that is really week when it gets down to detail. only two weeks ago i watched the sims 3 preview movies and looked at the screen shots on thesims3.com on my father in law's super multi media pc, the medion, and i could barely believe i was seeing the same pictures i'd seen before. it appeared so ugly to me. the detail was missing. i've only been on a mac for three months now, always worked on pcs before. but i already got so used to this incredible graphical detail. well...

yes, of course, you're right the mac has some disadvantages and the price is high. but don't make it look like crap. it isn't. it is a very high quality machine with a high end graphic performance. and the best thing is, i haven't had a single time consuming user problem with the os or with drivers or with software ever since i bought this machine and this is a vast improvement for me. it's so easy to work with and i'm so incredibly fast and efficient with whatever i'm doing. and, best of all, my windows xp (a legal copy btw) runs great on my mac. lol much better than on the very expensive pc notebook i used to have.

here's my last argument: you can never get a decent performance from a 600 pounds laptop. try to run adobe photoshop on your 600 quid machine. oooh boy. i would only buy a laptop that would cost over 1300 dollars for that purpose because you need a good processor and lots of ram for photoshop. and Vista alone needs twice as much ram as XP needed. that was why i decided to go for a mac, make a windows partition on it and run XP on that partition.

i wouldn't say that's the right thing for everybody. hey i would have never started out in the computer world with a mac because, quite frankly, when i started out there was no way i could afforded one. so i'm grateful that windows is there. it gave me an easy start. it just depends on how far you wanna go with a computer and how important certain elements like graphical detail, or good sound detail are to you and the mac is the ultimate multi media machine.

on the other hand, the pc is the ultimate gaming machine.

look, i see it like this. the mac is for the beauty in the computer world and the pc is the race horse.  Smile agreed?