• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideas for Pregnancy, Births, and Adoption
20-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Re: Ideas for Pregnancy, Births, and Adoption
It is already "Mature" in Australia.
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2008, 05:43 AM
Writerchic, don't let peoples opinions break your own but sometimes we have to step back and think about what's best for everyone.

I love some of your ideas. Pregnancies could be longer based on how healthy or active your sim is. A pop up telling you that your sim will be delivering soon and will be gone for a few days will definately take some things off our hands. Perhaps the grandparents or neighbors could babysit, or if they are single parents or a couple, the father could go too and have a few days off work and that will give us time to play other families without missing anything. A taxi could pull up outside to whisk them away to the hospital.

Like someone else said, I dunno about c sections because that's no fun and a bit too realistic but you are right about teen pregnancy being the opposite. It happens but it still isn't a social norm and though you are a result of it, ratings would plummit and a lot of people would be offended.

That brings me back to what you said earlier. You realize the need for options but you can always download Custom content and make the story your own. The Sims have so many options for even adotion! Same s3x couples and single sims can adopt (and maybe even teens) so that shows you how much EA takes us into consideration.

Happy simming and keep the creative juices flowing

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
20-03-2008, 03:07 PM
i dont like the idea or teen pregnancy, like someone said, its supposed to be a fun and funny game...maxis did a great job with that
20-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Yes, but some people want the game to be completely realistic. And in reality, teen pregnancy happens (sadly).

I don't know. Maybe they should leave it out of the game and let a fan create a hack for it, like what happened with S2.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
20-03-2008, 03:10 PM
I think there should be teen pregnancy. It would be cool, they would have to drop out of school and stuff  :Smile

Smile
20-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Haha how realistic... Smile

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
20-03-2008, 04:39 PM
You know the more i think about it i think Teen Pregnacy would not be good for their sales or for their publicity. I know that alot of parents if they knew their was teen pregnacy in sims 3 would not let their kids go out and buy it. And i know that my age group is only part of the audience that The Sims 3 targets but wouldn't it just be better to play it on the safe side? As mulitple people have already pointed out, for the people who want it their will most likely be a modder who will cater to that need. For the rest of us it would potentially be a nusience and just plain awkward to have in the game. I think that EA no matter if the whole fanbase wanted it would put in teen pregnacy, unless it was a cheat, which may in fact be the best solution for everyone. Just to have a cheat to enter in for those who want it and those who don't never even have to think twice about it. Well thats my opinion anyway,
Toodles!

*Let's Dance*<br />-like Aang <br />-like the sims smustle<br />-like mass effect<br />-like we just don't care
20-03-2008, 04:59 PM
I agree totally with that. It would be annoying if everytime they woohooed, they became pregnate.

[Image: teadybears.png]
<br />All of my artwork is made by me, PM me if you want a request.
20-03-2008, 05:06 PM
If there [glow=purple,2,300]was[/glow] teen pregnancy, there could be a chance that it might be rated M.
Of course, there could be a [glow=purple,2,300]Sims 3 Life Stories[/glow], but I hate life stories....
They take away the best parts... so, I think that it's better off without teen pregnancies, because like someone on page two said, Maxis doesn't want the game to be [glow=black,2,300]depressing[/glow]...
20-03-2008, 05:11 PM
We want the game funny, not so relistic we'll get bored of it! I laugh at the stupied things sims do, we wouldn't find it fun if it was like people wish. Poeple are saying they would enjoy it and it would be funner;
but think about it, we wouldn't. We would probly stop playing it.

[Image: teadybears.png]
<br />All of my artwork is made by me, PM me if you want a request.