Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alienware
30-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Re: Alienware
(29-09-2008 03:59 PM)Matt link Wrote:I'm not fighting, and I'd be happy to be proved wrong, I'm just sharing my personal opinions which again, may be wrong!

As a heavy power user Julzz, do you not find that Vista is a bit bloated with lots of unnecessary applications which just take up valuable resources?! I do agree though that if The Sims 3 uses DX10 then Vista is essential (although you can install DX10 on XP with a bit of a workaround!) but for Sims 2 obviously it's pointless!

Scott, liquid cooling (or water cooling) is basically cold water flowing through tubes in your PC and passing over the CPUs which keeps them nice and cool. Tends to be quite pricey and fiddly though (from what I've read)!

Edit: Julzz, read this comparison from Tom's Hardware between Vista & XP. Interesting stuff, although Vista may be slightly better after a few updates, this is an oldish article.

Mate that artical was made before Windows Vista gone public, alot has changed with the SP1, and to be honest its the 3rd party apps that bloat the hell out of windows vista, i find windows vista for faster, you guys are hearing from those evil mac users who think every Microsoft product is crap.  if you wanna test vista for your self i suggest you trying out windows vista with sp1 Tongue

Here is why windows vista ownes windows xp

* Hardware Support
* Safe Windows Os on the Planet
* directx 10 ( for best gaming)
* Great photo editing ( Photoshop friendly)
* Faster boot up ( For me 15 secs)
* Cleaner Ui
* Eye Candy
* Windows Defender
* Vista Media Center is a fantastic DVR
*Built-in search is better and more useful
*Drivers support isn't as bad as it's made out to be
* It's not any buggier than Windows XP
*Vista is not slow if you have 512mb and 1gb
*Better file navigation
* If you delete a important windows can restore it
*Face it, you have no choice ( windows xp wont be supported with Microsoft and its products )
* Vista isnt bloated with sp1 because it coutrols the 3rd party apps

Thats why i love vista

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
Quote this message in a reply