Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alienware
29-09-2008, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2008 08:24 AM by Julzz.)
Re: Alienware
dateline= Wrote:Memory and Storage

4TB hold even the largest collections of movies, music and photos while options for RAID 1 and 0 configurations provide for higher speeds and enhanced backup security. For the ultimate in fast, stable storage solutions, Alienware offers Solid State hard drives. Increase your desktop’s memory to up to 4GB for more multitasking opportunities. Choose low latency memory and make load times even faster. Learn More

You dont even need 4tb....
dateline= Wrote:Sound Cards and Optical Drives

Not only can a Blu-ray Disc® drive turn your Area-51 desktop computer into a home entertainment center with 1080p high-def capabilities, 50GB storage capacity on a single disc makes backing up your important files easy and convenient. For a true HD experience, check out the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer sound card delivering high-def, surround sound audio that will knock you out of your chair

good but to much...

Mate your computer will over heat with this much power

just to let you know, http://www.alienware.com/products/aurora...ce=DLL0007

thats more safer and works better with the Sims2,

P.S Dell makes these computers

and other people i know what im talking about because im a nerd and i know what im talking about because i study and test these machines....  ( Scott i wasent yelling at you)

also scott dont try to install xp on it because it will stuff up your alienwere computer because its just installing a very old os,

xp was first created in 1998...

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2008, 08:26 AM
(28-09-2008 03:18 AM)Scott! link Wrote:Thanks for all the replies Smile I didn't make the point about what I'm going to be using this computer for clear  {blush} Anyways, I have a MacBook for schoolwork and I'm thinking of getting the Area-51 for gaming.

—Scott

ewww Macs

29-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Sorry Julzz but I have to disagree. I have 1TB (in RAID) that I've pretty much used up already. 4TB is just future-proofing. When broadband speeds up even more in a few years you'll be downloading more and more, probably download HD movies etc. I can see 4TB being the norm pretty soon!

And as for overheating, looks like each of those cases have 4 fans. The only problem would be the noise, although they've probably thought of that and added some sound proofing to the cases!

And I doubt installing XP will stuff up the PC. A fresh install will just install the XP versions of the drivers so I'm sure everything will still work fine. Saying that though, with that kind of power, you may as well run with Vista so you are again future proofing!

Just my thoughts... {yes}

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
29-09-2008, 11:11 AM
(29-09-2008 09:43 AM)Matt link Wrote:Sorry Julzz but I have to disagree. I have 1TB (in RAID) that I've pretty much used up already. 4TB is just future-proofing. When broadband speeds up even more in a few years you'll be downloading more and more, probably download HD movies etc. I can see 4TB being the norm pretty soon!

And as for overheating, looks like each of those cases have 4 fans. The only problem would be the noise, although they've probably thought of that and added some sound proofing to the cases!

And I doubt installing XP will stuff up the PC. A fresh install will just install the XP versions of the drivers so I'm sure everything will still work fine. Saying that though, with that kind of power, you may as well run with Vista so you are again future proofing!

Just my thoughts... {yes}

Matt, Im a heavy poweruser, i only wasted 200gb on 6tb, thats nothing, but scott wants it for the sims3 or 2

Also Having Windows xp is like Having the sims1 in vista...

I hate windows xp and i hate mac.

vista is the best for sims because of Dx 10  and thats great

also My Time with Microsoft sure helps, i got this info from People that i know that works with OEMS

if you want to fight over this, ill let them join this site for you Matt Tongue

29-09-2008, 03:34 PM
please no fighting  {blush} . Here's what I will be using this computer for:

—The Sims 3 (and all of its expansion packs)
—The Sims 2 (and all of its expansion and stuff packs)
—Photoshopping
—Video editing and storage
—Website design

Also, Julzz about this
dateline= Wrote:Mate your computer will over heat with this much power

did you read about the liquid cooling system, (and could you maybe explain what it is  {lol})

—Scott
29-09-2008, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2008 04:05 PM by Super_Matt.)
I'm not fighting, and I'd be happy to be proved wrong, I'm just sharing my personal opinions which again, may be wrong!

As a heavy power user Julzz, do you not find that Vista is a bit bloated with lots of unnecessary applications which just take up valuable resources?! I do agree though that if The Sims 3 uses DX10 then Vista is essential (although you can install DX10 on XP with a bit of a workaround!) but for Sims 2 obviously it's pointless!

Scott, liquid cooling (or water cooling) is basically cold water flowing through tubes in your PC and passing over the CPUs which keeps them nice and cool. Tends to be quite pricey and fiddly though (from what I've read)!

Edit: Julzz, read this comparison from Tom's Hardware between Vista & XP. Interesting stuff, although Vista may be slightly better after a few updates, this is an oldish article.

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
29-09-2008, 04:04 PM
(29-09-2008 03:59 PM)Matt link Wrote:Scott, liquid cooling (or water cooling) is basically cold water flowing through tubes in your PC and passing over the CPUs which keeps them nice and cool. Tends to be quite pricey and fiddly though (from what I've read)!

Thanks, apparently the Alienware Area-51 has one.
29-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Alienwares are really good computers from what I've heard. I personally never had one, but you hear a lot about it. Although for video editing and then adding all of the sim games on top of that (they take a lot of gigs o_o) 4TB probably isn't such a bad idea. Plus you'll have room for the future!

Although, I do warn you now. I wouldn't recommend getting it at Best Buy (If they even sell it o_0 or if you even have one lol) because while they are good at getting computer games at, they tend to screw up the computer, especially if you bring it in under warranty (if you buy one). They switched out my computer without any consideration (and lost tons of others too). So I recommend buying it from the manufacture and getting the warranty there, because whoever it may be, they don't mess around.

But that is just my opinion. Of course you can go against it and everything, just sharing my experiences.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
30-09-2008, 01:17 AM
if the liquard cooling fails or stuffs up your gone,

also i suggest that pc i gave the link to,

30-09-2008, 01:18 AM
(29-09-2008 05:12 PM)phoebe91 link Wrote:Alienwares are really good computers from what I've heard. I personally never had one, but you hear a lot about it. Although for video editing and then adding all of the sim games on top of that (they take a lot of gigs o_o) 4TB probably isn't such a bad idea. Plus you'll have room for the future!

Although, I do warn you now. I wouldn't recommend getting it at Best Buy (If they even sell it o_0 or if you even have one lol) because while they are good at getting computer games at, they tend to screw up the computer, especially if you bring it in under warranty (if you buy one). They switched out my computer without any consideration (and lost tons of others too). So I recommend buying it from the manufacture and getting the warranty there, because whoever it may be, they don't mess around.

But that is just my opinion. Of course you can go against it and everything, just sharing my experiences.

i dont understand were your going  {lol}