Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is EA notifying of the game so early?
21-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Re: Why is EA notifying of the game so early?
(21-03-2008 04:13 PM)Munsta link Wrote:[quote author=2bcoolisme link=topic=573.msg11538#msg11538 date=1206112331]
i donnt care about glitches we can just download patches for game performance

Although that is all well, I would prefer the game to come with no bugs at all.
[/quote]

Me as well. It's annoying to play a game that is totally glitchy and then have to wait who knows how long for them to release a working patch. Luckily MATY usually takes care of some things until the developers get their rears in gear.
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2008, 04:30 PM
(21-03-2008 06:31 AM)elm1230 link Wrote:I think they still have some minor touching up to do but I think it's going to come out earlier then that because they just don't announce that early.

Yeah, I hope so!
Go on to my thread, "Price?" You can search it in "Search the Forum" or you can just click:
Sims 3 - The Sims 3 - Price

Then one of the answers that was very helpful had an Amazon link. That link said "January 2009" is the release date. Is that possible?
21-03-2008, 04:34 PM
It's possible to have a January 09 release but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Honestly, I want them to hold off as long as they need to and just slowly release information. And NOT pull a Spore fiasco and not give it to us for another three years. *bangs head on desk* I cannot handle another Spore fiasco.
21-03-2008, 04:36 PM
(21-03-2008 04:34 PM)AdorableRose link Wrote:It's possible to have a January 09 release but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Honestly, I want them to hold off as long as they need to and just slowly release information. And NOT pull a Spore fiasco and not give it to us for another three years. *bangs head on desk* I cannot handle another Spore fiasco.

i agree...that has taken too long already...

[Image: dragonimage_101027_78514_pixel.gif]
<br />[Image: dragonimage_139050_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_180894_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_223605_78514_pixel.gif]
21-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I doubt they would release it in January if they were gonna release it early they'd do it in december ... in time for christmas Big Grin

but yes there is always the hope that iit might come earlier maybe they've learnt frm their mistake of making us all excited for it and then realising it doesn't quite work... like in sims2 it was meant to be released in march but then the weather or something didnt work so they had to take it out and release it in september...

it sounds like they've done alot of work on it already and so they are probably just putting it all together, making sure everything works, and hopefull listening to all our suggestions Big Grin Big Grin... and then release it a lil earlier Big GrinBig Grin ... but thats hope Tongue

(btw as this is a fansite do think they would look at it to see what people are saying or would they just look at their own forum???)
21-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I think they want people to keep thinking about sims now that sims 3 is starting to wind down
21-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeap saw the link as well on amazon that the sims 3 will be out January 1009, but on http://www.play.com the date is different. it says release on 27/03/2009. here's the link http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5310447/...ml?cur=258 .

[center][Image: 9ksbr4.jpg]
[/center]<br />[center] xX Causing a Scene like us lovers do Xx [/center]
21-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I believe its all about marketing and getting the word out to continuing and potential fans.

A year is a long time to wait for most but I can wait. I can save up for a new comp in order to handle the game (which is a good idea, a year should allow others to have the credentials to play it)and I'm sure they will come out with other EPs to keep our interests in ts2. 

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!