Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breastfeeding
14-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Re: Breastfeeding
Quite true, yes. It's a natural thing in the real world, but at the end of the day, Sims is not the real world. It has as many realistic properties as possible, but somethings are not totally necessary, breastfeeding being one of them. I have nothing against breastfeeding, it actually is a better way to feed babies, I know that, but like Bambi said, it isn't needed, I'm sure you will all love the game, breastfeeding or no breastfeeding. Wink

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, I agree with Cassie and Bambi. If EA/Maxis were to put every single every day thing into the game... Well, it would be another world, and eventually all we'll ever do is just live life on the Sims, because we start to believe that their life is nearly as important as our own.

I'm not saying that this would definitely happen, but it's just a possibility. Co-sleeping though... Hmm, I'm not sure! I think I personally wouldn't mind it being in a game, and I don't at all think that it's "dodgy". I used to always try and get into my mum and dads bed in the middle of the night, so my mum ended up sleeping with me for half the night and then with my dad half the night. Crazy I know... But I just think it would be another way of comforting your child. I think it would be better though if they didn't sleep with the child for no reason... I think it would be better if the parent only slept with the child if they were crying because of a nightmare etc.

Maybe bed time stories would be nice to have in the game too. Big Grin

[center][Image: Woo.jpg]
[/center]
14-04-2008, 07:47 PM
In real life I'm all for co-sleeping in sims life not so much. Though the child having a nightmare and running to mum and dads room sounds reasonable. It could also happen if, for example, there were a thunderstorm and the kid is scared and they run and hide under mum and dads bed. OHH or they could hide in the wardrobe. Slighty off topic but i think they should have hide and go seek. And you could see fat kids trying to squezze into places they didnt fit and getting upset and then they would want to get fit. back on topic, i think breastfeeding should be an option as long as it isnt explicit which it wouldnt be, but i think it would be cool if they came up with another name for it like "do you want to feed clara?" options feed bottle or feed
15-04-2008, 12:38 AM
(14-04-2008 04:54 PM)Bambi is Wonder Doe link Wrote:The bottom line is that I don't think they're ever going to put this into the game. As "normal" as it may be, it's not something that's needed in the game.

well said Bambi you're probably right..
its obvious they wont add it.however it would be great.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
15-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Yes, it'd be incredibly realistic, and I certainly wouldn't mind having it...but if it's a matter of whether it's going to be in the game or not, I'd have to go with not.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
15-04-2008, 01:45 AM
very true.
but it is a neat idea to discuss either way.
i think it "should" be an option formula or breastfeeding.
might as well keep this topic alive.

15-04-2008, 01:59 AM
hmmmmm, breastfeeding.
i actually enjoy the bottles scattered on the floor with the horrible green stench.

lol

Maybe it could be a mod...
as for co-sleeping, it's be nice.
I wouldn't do it, because I might roll over the baby in my sleep. Sad
how depressing...
15-04-2008, 02:25 AM
(21-03-2008 10:49 PM)Nefri link Wrote:Every woman in the world can breastfeed, but not in sims at this point... Also, sleeping with the baby is done these days, rather than a crib. Half my friends with babies breastfeed and co-sleep. Formula and cribs are things from the 60's.

i still see plenty of cribs
i have a  bassinet much smaller and reasonable for a newborn baby on the way.
however she will probably sleep in one of those rocker car seat looking things ( im so clueless what are they called?) anyhow that way she will be next to me at all times. I probably wont use the bassinet much right away.
but they should still be in the game =]
i dont think sleeping with a baby will be in the game..
i dont think double beds will allow for anyone else in them..
however it would be cute to see kids and toddlers scared in the middle of the night asking to sleep with them for the night..that would be darling but i doubt it would be included. =/ bummer.

18-04-2008, 01:28 AM
yeah
18-04-2008, 02:11 AM
breastfeeding would be a kool option but as Bambi said it probably wont be in the game, which is prob true lol but yeh if they have a mod for it, that would be good =]