Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
simlish
20-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Re: simlish
I personally don't mind that there isn't much variety in the simlish. Mainly, because that is the least of my concerns and it doesn't really bother me much. To create more variety in the voices will create unnecessary, tedious task for maxis when they could invest that time editing and improving the gameplay and graphics of the game. We all play the sims differently and one sim's personality could be interpreted different ways. Therefore, I don't think even if they provide with some variety, it wouldn't really satsify the simming community.

I agree with dejadejavu, I really liked sims1 simlish, although essentially it was almost the same thing. Also the music that played during buy and build mode... I loveddd it. Although, I cannot live without simlish college rock now, I really do miss that 'sim'-feel element without the original soundtrack. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I see where you're coming at, geosdsd.

The idea of having different voices, if basically giving your sims more variety in their voices and so your sims can be more unique then they can at the moment.

Although, I honestly don't think it would be too hard to do - they might have to go through a lot more recording, and that may take a while, but for people like me who try and make their sims as individual as possible, it's worth it!

You're entitled to your opinion though, and I understand if you think it's just too much hassle.

[center][Image: Woo.jpg]
[/center]
21-04-2008, 05:36 PM
You know... out of all the hundreds of sims I've made, I don't think any of their voices sounded the same, of course I could be wrong and wern't really paying attention. It's like each individual had their own voice. But now, in the sims3 I won't mind too much if there are repeating voices because I think i'll be more amused by each trait and how different they are visually and trait wise from everyone else. I was kind of getting tired of fit/fat only sims.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
21-04-2008, 06:23 PM
(21-04-2008 05:36 PM)sims3luva22 link Wrote:You know... out of all the hundreds of sims I've made, I don't think any of their voices sounded the same, of course I could be wrong and wern't really paying attention. It's like each individual had their own voice. But now, in the sims3 I won't mind too much if there are repeating voices because I think i'll be more amused by each trait and how different they are visually and trait wise from everyone else. I was kind of getting tired of fit/fat only sims.

Oh yea thats right! It's going to be awesome to have every sim be a slightly different weight...no more crazy transformations in fatness.
21-04-2008, 07:10 PM
(20-04-2008 10:48 PM)geosdsd link Wrote:I personally don't mind that there isn't much variety in the simlish. Mainly, because that is the least of my concerns and it doesn't really bother me much. To create more variety in the voices will create unnecessary, tedious task for maxis when they could invest that time editing and improving the gameplay and graphics of the game. We all play the sims differently and one sim's personality could be interpreted different ways. Therefore, I don't think even if they provide with some variety, it wouldn't really satsify the simming community.

I agree with dejadejavu, I really liked sims1 simlish, although essentially it was almost the same thing. Also the music that played during buy and build mode... I loveddd it. Although, I cannot live without simlish college rock now, I really do miss that 'sim'-feel element without the original soundtrack. Big Grin

I agree one hundred percent. I never notice their voices enough to know that they all sound the same..and with all the new things coming in ts3 to make them unique..i really wont notice at all.
It would take a really long time and alot of money to create more voices for the game..and i dont want the date pushed back because of simlish..
i would rather wait for them to add an ep into it from the past or something bigger..

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]