Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does you name mean?
23-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Re: What does you name mean?
(23-11-2009 04:25 AM)@Steven! link Wrote:interesting!
so your name is Briana but you like Phoebe better
I wish my name wasn`t Steven either xD

I hate my name xD People at work can't even get it right.

(23-11-2009 04:27 AM)вσηηιє link Wrote:LOL.

My name, Samuel means either "name of God" or "God has heard".  Wink

Wow, that's interesting ^_^

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2009, 04:31 AM
i know this kid named Sam
he is so ANNOYING!
like his voice, ahh!
some ppl and I tell him to shut up
he just doesn`t
he`s cool and all but ehh lol

no offense to you Sam of course! xD

cool, your name is connected to God
mine is connected who a saint who got stoned  {glare}
23-11-2009, 04:36 AM
(23-11-2009 04:27 AM)вσηηιє link Wrote:LOL.

My name, Samuel means either "name of God" or "God has heard".  Wink

Wow, that's interesting ^_^

Ikr? I was actually suprised becuase I had no idea what it meant.

edit; sorry, quoting failll. xD

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]
[/center]
23-11-2009, 04:51 AM
JUSTIN

Usage: English, French, Slovene

Pronounced: JUS-tin (English), zhoo-STEN (French)  [key]
From the Latin name Iustinus, which was derived from JUSTUS. This was the name of several early saints including Justin Martyr, a Christian philosopher of 2nd century who was beheaded in Rome. It was also borne by two Byzantine emperors. As an English name, it has occasionally been used since the late Middle Ages, though it did not become common until the 20th century.
23-11-2009, 01:53 PM
AHMED

Usage: Arabic, Turkish

Other Scripts: أحمد (Arabic)

Apparently, my name has no meaning {rolleyes}

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
23-11-2009, 07:04 PM
MICHAEL

Usage: English, German, Czech, Biblical, Biblical Latin

Pronounced: MIE-kəl (English), MI-khah-el (German)  [key]
From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God. Saint Michael was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers.

The popularity of the saint led to the name being used by nine Byzantine emperors, including Michael VIII Palaeologus who restored the empire in the 13th century. It has been common in Western Europe since the Middle Ages, and in England since the 12th century. It has been borne (in various spellings) by rulers of Russia (spelled Михаил), Romania (Mihai), Poland (Michał), and Portugal (Miguel). Other more modern bearers of this name include the British chemist/physicist Michael Faraday (1791-1867) and basketball player Michael Jordan (1963-).

Coming Soon...
23-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Mine never has an exact, but its something like victory of the people.

Smile

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
23-11-2009, 07:25 PM
I looked on another website and it means "highly praised or one who constantly thanks God"

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
23-11-2009, 10:50 PM
ender: Masculine

Usage: English, French, Scandinavian, German, Dutch, Czech, Polish, Russian, Slovene, Romanian, Ancient Germanic

Other Scripts: Роберт (Russian)

Pronounced: RAH-bərt (English), ro-BER (French), RO-bert (German), RAW-bert (Polish), RO-byert (Russian), RO-beert (Russian)  [key]

From the Germanic name Hrodebert meaning "bright fame", derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to Britain, where it replaced the Old English cognate Hreodbeorht. It has been a very common English name since that time.
The name has been borne by two early kings of France, two Dukes of Normandy, and three kings of Scotland, including Robert the Bruce who restored the independence of Scotland from England in the 14th century. The author Robert Browning (1812-1889) and poets Robert Burns (1759-1796) and Robert Frost (1874-1963) are famous literary bearers of this name. Other bearers include Robert E. Lee (1807-1870), the commander of the Confederate army during the American Civil War, and American actor Robert Redford (1936-).

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
23-11-2009, 10:56 PM
(23-11-2009 10:50 PM)Boberto! link Wrote:Usage: English, French, Scandinavian, German, Dutch, Czech, Polish, Russian, Slovene, Romanian, Ancient Germanic
Wow xD